|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Dogmatomachy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Grandawma's hero?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) Charles Dillon.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Jesus Christ.
2. When Kincaid has a nightmare in Book One, how does Hugh help him get back to sleep?
(a) He gets Kincaid a glass of water.
(b) He lets Kincaid fall asleep watching the television.
(c) He sings to Kincaid.
(d) He tells Kincaid the trick of counting backwards from one hundred.
3. What is Peter's reaction to the film shown at school about bombs?
(a) It causes him to faint.
(b) He thinks it's funny and reenacts it for his family that evening.
(c) It makes him cry and vomit.
(d) It makes him upset and angry.
4. How does Mama react to Irwin's prayer at the supper table in Book Two?
(a) She runs into the kitchen closet and laughs.
(b) She scolds Irwin.
(c) She sheds a few tears of joy.
(d) She remains plain faced and doesn't react to the prayer.
5. Who drives the Chance family to the hospital after Hugh has been in the accident at the mill?
(d) Papa's friend Roy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hugh get discharged honorably from the army four months early?
2. What song does Hugh compare "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" to in Book Two?
3. According to Kincaid, what does POW stand for?
4. What nickname does Everett give the Psalms in Boot Two?
5. According to Kincaid, what doe WP stand for?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)