|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Joy to the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roy's favorite pastime?
2. Where does Hugh go to play ball in Book One?
(a) An empty lot across the street.
(b) The backyard.
(c) A park named Battle Ground.
(d) An undisclosed location.
3. What three things do Laura and Hugh fight about in Book One that prompts her to take the twins up to Spokane?
(a) Baseball, television, and money.
(b) Medical care, religion, and disciplining the boys.
(c) Money, religion, and beer.
(d) Laundry, money, and what color to paint the house.
4. What does Irwin want to be when he grows up in Book One?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A baseball player.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A farmer.
5. How many different types of pitches does Hugh have according to Everett in Book One, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Irwin's paper in Book One, how tall is Grandawma?
2. What do the Chance boys call Grandawma's dog?
3. What event prompts Hugh Chance to start smoking?
4. What was Hugh's father's profession?
5. Where is Grandawma from?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)