|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, The Brothers K.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the "scriptures of baseball"?
(a) Sports columns.
(b) Baseball cards.
(c) Game programs.
2. What baseball position does Everett play in Book Two?
(b) First basemen.
(c) Second baseman.
3. Why does Everett play the baseball position he does?
(a) He dreams of catching his father's pitches.
(b) His dad suggested he learn that position.
(c) He has the build of a catcher.
(d) He was assigned the position by the coach.
4. What does Grandawma give Hugh as a get well gift after this thumb transplant?
(a) A new baseball mitt.
(b) A new bed.
(c) A new car.
(d) A two thousand dollar cashier's check.
5. Who encourages Laura to spy on her sons and go through their rooms looking for incriminating evidence?
(b) Elder Babcock.
(c) Sister Dalton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Everett about his friends when he goes into hiding after burning his draft card?
2. Which teacher mentors Peter in baseball at the high school?
3. How does Laura punish Peter, Everett, and Kincaid after the Psalm War?
4. What does Everett name the goat he tends to in Book Five?
5. How many different types of pitches does Hugh have according to Everett in Book One, Chapter 1?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)