|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Dogmatomachy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hugh go to play ball in Book One?
(a) The backyard.
(b) An empty lot across the street.
(c) A park named Battle Ground.
(d) An undisclosed location.
2. According to Hugh, what does it mean when a catcher "frames a pitch"?
(a) He drops the ball quickly after catching it.
(b) He calls two of the same pitches in a row.
(c) He mutters "strike" after a "ball" is thrown to confuse the umpire.
(d) He moves his glove after he makes the catch.
3. What does the Chance family call Hugh's practice in the shed?
(a) Papa's prayin'.
(b) Pitching Practice.
4. What song does Hugh compare "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" to in Book Two?
(a) Silent Night.
(b) Happy Birthday.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) Stand Up for Jesus.
5. According to Kincaid, what does POW stand for?
(a) Pilgrims of Work.
(b) Prisoners of Worship.
(c) Princes of Worship.
(d) Pirates of Wonder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kincaid has a nightmare in Book One, how does Hugh help him get back to sleep?
2. Who is the first to jump between Everett and Laura when Laura starts striking Everett in Book Two?
3. What types of books does Peter enjoy reading?
4. What does Officer Hervano give to Irwin after he rescues the dog in Book Two?
5. Why does drinking terrify Laura?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)