|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four, The Left Stuff.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have Irwin and Linda been unable to marry earlier in the novel?
(a) Linda was married to someone else.
(b) Linda needed parental permission.
(c) Laura forbade Irwin to marry.
(d) Irwin could not marry and keep his student elgibility.
2. When Kincaid has a nightmare in Book One, how does Hugh help him get back to sleep?
(a) He sings to Kincaid.
(b) He lets Kincaid fall asleep watching the television.
(c) He tells Kincaid the trick of counting backwards from one hundred.
(d) He gets Kincaid a glass of water.
3. What action does Hugh apologize for profusely at the end of Book One?
(a) Forgetting to pick up his friend Roy.
(b) Wrecking his vehicle.
(c) Hitting Kinkaid.
(d) Being late for work at the mill.
4. What pen name does Kincaid use for his poem "Why Apple Pie"?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) William Shakespeare.
5. Whom does Peter quote during his speech at the post season baseball banquet?
(b) W.C. Fields.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Officer Hervano give to Irwin after he rescues the dog in Book Two?
2. According to Kincaid, what doe WP stand for?
3. What corporate company does Everett compare to Christianity in an attempt to impress Natasha at a party?
4. What is the name of the professor whom Everett debates publicly in front of a huge seminar of students?
5. What type of employment does Kincaid take on to earn money in Book Three?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)