|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, The Brothers K.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Everett entice Tasha to come and visit him?
(a) He writes her a series of love poems.
(b) He offers to get her a job in the area.
(c) He sends her a plane ticket to Canada.
(d) He tells her he found a Russian relic.
2. What does Kincaid give his mother in token of his apology in Book Three?
(b) Some shoes.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A new apron.
3. Who writes a letter regarding Irwin to his superiors that contributes to his being held apart from his family?
(b) Captain Dudek.
(c) Elder Babcock.
(d) Sergeant Felker.
4. According to Kincaid, what doe WP stand for?
(a) Wombat Poops.
(b) Winnie Peckers.
(c) Wild Pitches.
(d) Weirdo People.
5. What pen name does Kincaid use for his poem "Why Apple Pie"?
(a) Lewis Carroll.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Mark Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irwin send to his mother when he believes he will not be coming home from Vietnam?
2. What magazine publishes Everett's school paper "Junk Genius"?
3. How much did Irwin weigh at birth?
4. What does Freddy name her dog?
5. What book contains the story that Peter tells his brother at the hedge in Book Two?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)