Book One, Joy to the World
1. Where does Hugh go to play ball in Book One?
(a) A park named Battle Ground.
(b) An empty lot across the street.
(c) The backyard.
(d) An undisclosed location.
2. How many different types of pitches does Hugh have according to Everett in Book One, Chapter 1?
3. Who drives the Chance family to the hospital after Hugh has been in the accident at the mill?
(a) Papa's friend Roy.
4. In Book One, which guest on The Ed Sullivan Show is liked by Laura and Irwin?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Perry Como.
(c) Maurice Chevalier.
(d) A ventriloquist.
5. After the accident, who sends forty dollars to Hugh for him to use to buy himself a gift?
(a) Gale Durham, manager of a baseball team.
(b) His neighborhood pools money, and Roy sends it.
(c) The members of Laura's church.
(d) His co-workers from the mill.
6. To what church does Laura belong?
(a) Roman Catholic.
(c) Seventh Day Adventist.
(d) Jehovah's Witness.
This section contains 4,605 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)