|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agents of which organization are trying to find Backman.
2. Which of the following is NOT looking for Backman?
3. Where does Marco go?
4. What was the name of the clothing store Marco visited?
5. One of the groups looking for Backman often employs a hit man known only as the _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the issues between Francesca and Giovanni? What is the current state of the relationship?
2. What happens when Neal receives the letter from his father? What does Neal do next? What does Lisa think of the plan?
3. What other groups are interested in Backman? Which group is not?
4. What is Francesca's part in Backman's escape plan? Is it a good plan?
5. What is Backman's most prized possession at this point? What happens to the item?
6. What happens that makes it obvious that Backman's safe house is no longer safe? What does Backman do?
7. How does Backman manage to contact Neal now that the smartphone has been stolen? What is Backman's main concern regarding the theft?
8. Discuss the involvement of Mossad at this point in the story. Why are the Mossad dangerous?
9. What is the status of the FBI investigation into the offshore bank account?
10. What is Backman's opinion of Francesca? What does Backman do that is against the rules?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Francesca Ferro is in a vulnerable state when she meets Joel Backman aka Marco Lazzeri. Discuss Francesca's situation. What is Backman's complaint about Francesca? What does Backman learn from Luigi? What is the relationship between Francesca and Backman? What is Francesca's home situation? How does Francesca's mother react when Backman carries Francesca into the apartment? Why is there tension between Francesca and Giovanni? What do you think will happen with Francesca and Backman?
Essay Topic 2
Write a final report on the Backman case. The report should be at least 1000 words. You may choose one of the following as a source for the report: Luigi, CIA, NSA, or the FBI. Include the existence and importance of Neptune and JAM, predictions about the usage of the products, Backman's involvement, government actions and involvement, plus the presence of other entities such as Mossad.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Clayburn's role in the story. Who is Clayburn? Why is he affiliated with the story? Is he still an active part of the Washington scene? How does Backman know Clayburn? Are the men friends, colleagues or something else? Why does Backman want to get in touch with Clayburn? How is Pratt able to find the man? What is Clayburn's response to Pratt's request? Does Clayburn meet with Backman? What is Clayburn's affiliation with the Pentagon? Does Clayburn do as he is asked? Explain.
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)