|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way down the hill Francesca injures her ______.
2. In Chapter 29 Marco arrives in which Italian city?
3. The newest of the informants is located in which city?
4. From that location the money is moved again, this time to ________.
5. Which of the following words best describes the attitude of the person met by Marco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene on the train. What is the benefit of having the unpleasant woman in the same car?
2. Describe the scene in which Backman is approached by two FBI agents.
3. Discuss the involvement of Mossad at this point in the story. Why are the Mossad dangerous?
4. Discuss Backman's transactions at the bank. What is Backman's plan?
5. Who is Dan Sandberg? What is his interest in the case? Who does Sandberg contact for information?
6. What are the issues between Francesca and Giovanni? What is the current state of the relationship?
7. What incident happens that results in an injury to Francesca? What does Backman do to help?
8. Discuss the scene at Francesca's apartment. Who is there? Who is noticeably absent from the scene?
9. How does Backman manage to contact Neal now that the smartphone has been stolen? What is Backman's main concern regarding the theft?
10. Who is Susan Penn? What is her role in the story? What information does she give to the President?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Clayburn's role in the story. Who is Clayburn? Why is he affiliated with the story? Is he still an active part of the Washington scene? How does Backman know Clayburn? Are the men friends, colleagues or something else? Why does Backman want to get in touch with Clayburn? How is Pratt able to find the man? What is Clayburn's response to Pratt's request? Does Clayburn meet with Backman? What is Clayburn's affiliation with the Pentagon? Does Clayburn do as he is asked? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a final report on the Backman case. The report should be at least 1000 words. You may choose one of the following as a source for the report: Luigi, CIA, NSA, or the FBI. Include the existence and importance of Neptune and JAM, predictions about the usage of the products, Backman's involvement, government actions and involvement, plus the presence of other entities such as Mossad.
Essay Topic 3
Joel Backman was not the only one to suffer from the trial that sent him to prison for twenty years. Neal Backman and Carl Pratt were also charged. Pratt returned to his law firm but Neal was left without a job. Discuss Neal's downfall. What charges were brought against Neal? Was Neal prosecuted for his part in the JAM deal? Explain. What did Backman do to save his son from going to prison? What kind of reception did Neal receive from his company after the trial was over? Why was it so difficult for Neal to get a job? Where does Neal end up? What is Lisa's opinion of the whole situation? Do you think Neal has made a full recovery from the trauma surrounding his father's arrest and imprisonment? Explain.
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)