|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman is at the airport to catch a connecting flight. Her original departure location was _____.
2. Which of the following is the president's home state?
3. What was the first name of the woman approached by Marco?
4. To which president is the man compared?
5. How old is Backman at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the President of the United States? What is his current status?
2. What is Joel Backman's family situation?
3. Why does Maynard want Morgan to pardon Joel Backman? Who is Joel Backman?
4. Discuss Backman's plan to communicate with Neal. Does the plan work?
5. What happens when Teddy Maynard learns about Critz's activities?
6. What is Backman's cover story? What is his new identity?
7. What are Maynard's proposed plans for Backman? What has been done so far?
8. Why is the CIA worried that Backman might attempt to contact his family? What precautions are taken in case Backman should try to get in contact with someone?
9. Why does Backman go shopping? Why does he have to have permission from Luigi?
10. What does Backman do shortly after arriving in Treviso?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Backman decides the right thing to do is to turn JAM over to the Pentagon. Discuss Backman's decision. Why did Backman make the choice? Was it the right choice? Was Backman concerned about national security or did he have a bout with his conscience? Does Backman get paid for the program? Does Backman turn everything over or does he hold something back? Explain. What do you think the Pentagon intends to do with JAM? Do you think Backman is safe now? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a final report on the Backman case. The report should be at least 1000 words. You may choose one of the following as a source for the report: Luigi, CIA, NSA, or the FBI. Include the existence and importance of Neptune and JAM, predictions about the usage of the products, Backman's involvement, government actions and involvement, plus the presence of other entities such as Mossad.
Essay Topic 3
Francesca Ferro is in a vulnerable state when she meets Joel Backman aka Marco Lazzeri. Discuss Francesca's situation. What is Backman's complaint about Francesca? What does Backman learn from Luigi? What is the relationship between Francesca and Backman? What is Francesca's home situation? How does Francesca's mother react when Backman carries Francesca into the apartment? Why is there tension between Francesca and Giovanni? What do you think will happen with Francesca and Backman?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)