|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marco meet Francesca to get a good view of the city?
(a) Piazza di Benedict.
(b) Campo San Marco.
(c) Colla della Guardia.
(d) Duomo Medici.
2. How many men approach Marco outside his apartment?
3. The CIA wants Backman to tell them who owns the _____.
(c) Bank account.
(d) Weapons of mass destruction.
4. What is the name of Francesca's husband?
5. How many years earlier had that death taken place?
Short Answer Questions
1. The book is written in which language?
2. Who is Marco's lawyer?
3. Agents of which organization are trying to find Backman.
4. What item of Marco's is missing?
5. Which of the following is NOT looking for Backman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene at Francesca's apartment. Who is there? Who is noticeably absent from the scene?
2. Who is Susan Penn? What is her role in the story? What information does she give to the President?
3. What is Backman's opinion of Francesca? What does Backman do that is against the rules?
4. At this point in the story what is Backman's biggest obstacle to going out on his own?
5. Describe the scene in which Backman is approached by two FBI agents.
6. What happens when Neal receives the letter from his father? What does Neal do next? What does Lisa think of the plan?
7. What happens to Backman at the bus station? How does Backman manage to get away?
8. What is Backman's most prized possession at this point? What happens to the item?
9. What does Backman do once he arrives in the US?
10. What happens that makes it obvious that Backman's safe house is no longer safe? What does Backman do?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)