|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives a letter from Backman?
2. Which of the following is the assassin's best skill?
(a) Fighting with knives.
(d) Expert marksman.
3. Francesca insists that Marco practice his ____.
4. Where does Marco meet Francesca to get a good view of the city?
(a) Campo San Marco.
(b) Piazza di Benedict.
(c) Duomo Medici.
(d) Colla della Guardia.
5. What is it called when a newspaper gets to a story before another?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the store clerk?
2. Marco knows that he cannot be arrested without _____.
3. Who does the journalist contact for information?
4. What color is Marco's new coat?
5. How old is the "kid?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the issues between Francesca and Giovanni? What is the current state of the relationship?
2. What is Francesca's part in Backman's escape plan? Is it a good plan?
3. Describe the scene on the train. What is the benefit of having the unpleasant woman in the same car?
4. How does Backman's plan change once he arrives in Switzerland?
5. What other groups are interested in Backman? Which group is not?
6. Discuss Backman's tour with Francesca. What does Backman see?
7. At this point in the story what is Backman's biggest obstacle to going out on his own?
8. What does Backman do once he arrives in the US?
9. Discuss the scene at Francesca's apartment. Who is there? Who is noticeably absent from the scene?
10. What incident happens that results in an injury to Francesca? What does Backman do to help?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)