|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the "kid?"
2. What type of phone does Neal purchase?
3. Who does the journalist contact for information?
4. One of the groups looking for Backman often employs a hit man known only as the _____.
(b) Tin Man.
5. In Chapter 29 Marco arrives in which Italian city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marco turn to for help?
2. Marco buys a book of poetry written by which author?
3. What style is the architecture?
4. What item does Marco obtain from his helper?
5. Where does Marco meet up with his new tutor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident happens that results in an injury to Francesca? What does Backman do to help?
2. What are the issues between Francesca and Giovanni? What is the current state of the relationship?
3. How does Backman's plan change once he arrives in Switzerland?
4. What other groups are interested in Backman? Which group is not?
5. Discuss Backman's tour with Francesca. What does Backman see?
6. What happens to Backman at the bus station? How does Backman manage to get away?
7. Describe the scene on the train. What is the benefit of having the unpleasant woman in the same car?
8. Who is Susan Penn? What is her role in the story? What information does she give to the President?
9. What is Backman's opinion of Francesca? What does Backman do that is against the rules?
10. What is Backman's most prized possession at this point? What happens to the item?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)