|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rudolph give to Marco?
2. Who is Marco's lawyer?
3. How old is the "kid?"
4. What currency is used most widely in Italy?
5. What is it called when a newspaper gets to a story before another?
Short Answer Questions
1. The CIA wants Backman to tell them who owns the _____.
2. Where does Marco go?
3. What is the name of Francesca's husband?
4. What is the name of the journalist introduced in Chapter 18?
5. What type of bird is commonly found in a piazza?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Susan Penn? What is her role in the story? What information does she give to the President?
2. Who is Dan Sandberg? What is his interest in the case? Who does Sandberg contact for information?
3. What is Backman's opinion of Francesca? What does Backman do that is against the rules?
4. Discuss Backman's transactions at the bank. What is Backman's plan?
5. What happens to Backman at the bus station? How does Backman manage to get away?
6. What items does Neal purchase for his father? How will Neal get the package to Backman without being found out by the operatives?
7. What incident happens that results in an injury to Francesca? What does Backman do to help?
8. What is Backman's plan after he leaves Milan?
9. Describe the scene in which Backman is approached by two FBI agents.
10. What does Backman do once he arrives in the US?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)