|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marco quickly made his way to which location?
(a) Internet cafe.
(c) Bus station.
(d) Shopping mall.
2. Marco asks Neal to find which of the following?
3. Where does the journalist's contact work?
(a) LA Times.
(d) New York Times.
4. After leaving Bologna, Marco makes his first stop in which Italian town?
5. After the first failed attempt Marco chooses to take a ____ to escape the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the journalist introduced in Chapter 18?
2. How many men approach Marco outside his apartment?
3. What is the name of the kid on the scooter?
4. Where is the man from originally?
5. What item of Marco's is missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Backman's most prized possession at this point? What happens to the item?
2. Discuss Backman's transactions at the bank. What is Backman's plan?
3. What is Francesca's part in Backman's escape plan? Is it a good plan?
4. Discuss the scene at Francesca's apartment. Who is there? Who is noticeably absent from the scene?
5. Describe the scene on the train. What is the benefit of having the unpleasant woman in the same car?
6. What does Backman do once he arrives in the US?
7. Describe the scene in which Backman is approached by two FBI agents.
8. Who is Susan Penn? What is her role in the story? What information does she give to the President?
9. What incident happens that results in an injury to Francesca? What does Backman do to help?
10. What other groups are interested in Backman? Which group is not?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)