|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of building is located in the Piazza del Duomo?
(b) Coffee shop.
2. What is the person's first name?
3. On the way down the hill Francesca injures her ______.
4. What is the name of the journalist introduced in Chapter 18?
5. Marco knows that he cannot be arrested without _____.
(a) Just cause.
(b) An attorney.
(c) A warrant.
(d) Reasonable doubt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when a newspaper gets to a story before another?
2. The CIA wants Backman to tell them who owns the _____.
3. Francesca insists that Marco practice his ____.
4. One of the groups looking for Backman often employs a hit man known only as the _____.
5. Agents of which organization are trying to find Backman.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene at Francesca's apartment. Who is there? Who is noticeably absent from the scene?
2. Who is Dan Sandberg? What is his interest in the case? Who does Sandberg contact for information?
3. What happens to Backman at the bus station? How does Backman manage to get away?
4. What is Backman's opinion of Francesca? What does Backman do that is against the rules?
5. What happens when Neal receives the letter from his father? What does Neal do next? What does Lisa think of the plan?
6. What is Backman's plan after he leaves Milan?
7. How does Backman's plan change once he arrives in Switzerland?
8. What other groups are interested in Backman? Which group is not?
9. Discuss Backman's tour with Francesca. What does Backman see?
10. What is Francesca's part in Backman's escape plan? Is it a good plan?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)