|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The police believe the death was caused by an accident involving ____.
(b) A prostitute.
2. Whose death was mistakenly ruled a suicide?
3. At which airport does this occur?
4. What is the name of a small Italian restaurant?
5. What is Rudolph's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the approximate population of Padua?
2. Luigi's employer must report to which of the following?
3. What was the first name of the woman approached by Marco?
4. What is Joel's new surname?
5. On what street does Rudolph live?
Short Essay Questions
1. It is never clear to Backman who Luigi is or who he works for in the US. Who does Luigi work for and to whom does he report?
2. What happens when Teddy Maynard learns about Critz's activities?
3. Discuss the meeting between Sandberg and Pratt. Who are Sandberg and Pratt?
4. What obstacles does Critz run into when he attempts to get information on Backman? Who does he contact?
5. The FBI learns about a bank account in Grand Cayman that is most likely connected to Joel Backman. Discuss the discovery and the FBI's request of Teddy Maynard.
6. Discuss the meeting between Backman and Rudolph. Why does Backman trust Rudolph?
7. Who is Teddy Maynard? Why is he an important figure in the story? What is Maynard's relationship with the President?
8. What happens when Backman arrives at the military hospital?
9. Why is the CIA worried that Backman might attempt to contact his family? What precautions are taken in case Backman should try to get in contact with someone?
10. Why is there tension between Backman and Ermanno? What is Backman's demand?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)