|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Arthur?
2. The police believe the death was caused by an accident involving ____.
(c) A prostitute.
3. Where does Backman's mother live?
4. The item in question was considered to be a ____________________.
(a) Military secret.
(b) Scientific blunder.
(d) Revolutionary breakthrough.
5. Which one of Backman's clients was killed first?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the exchange take place?
2. Ermanno becomes upset when Marco wants him to change which of the following?
3. Which of the following is the president's home state?
4. What is Rudolph's last name?
5. How many children does Backman have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joel Backman's family situation?
2. What is Backman's cover story? What is his new identity?
3. What are the President's immediate plans after leaving office? What are the opinions of his wife and others regarding these plans?
4. What happens when Teddy Maynard learns about Critz's activities?
5. Why does Backman go shopping? Why does he have to have permission from Luigi?
6. Why is the CIA worried that Backman might attempt to contact his family? What precautions are taken in case Backman should try to get in contact with someone?
7. Why is there tension between Backman and Ermanno? What is Backman's demand?
8. It is never clear to Backman who Luigi is or who he works for in the US. Who does Luigi work for and to whom does he report?
9. At this point in the story what is the general structure of Backman's average day? What things does he do daily?
10. What are Maynard's proposed plans for Backman? What has been done so far?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)