|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The money is believed to be part of a plan to purchase which of the following?
(b) Military secrets.
(d) Real Estate.
2. What is Joel's new surname?
3. What is the name of the hotel where the exchange will supposedly take place?
4. What is the approximate population of Padua?
5. Who receives a tip about a foreign bank account?
(a) Chief of Staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man accused of sexual misconduct with a minor?
2. What did the man have in his possession that caused the murder?
3. Herzog lived on a diet of which two junk food items?
4. What new item does Marco buy unbeknownst to his handlers?
5. What color is Rudolph's beard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pratt's recollection of the Backman case? Who was involved? What was the main subject of the case?
2. What does Backman do shortly after arriving in Treviso?
3. How is the Critz situation handled?
4. What obstacles does Critz run into when he attempts to get information on Backman? Who does he contact?
5. Discuss the meeting between Backman and Rudolph. Why does Backman trust Rudolph?
6. What does Backman do on his second day in Bologna? Who does he meet?
7. It is never clear to Backman who Luigi is or who he works for in the US. Who does Luigi work for and to whom does he report?
8. Who is the President of the United States? What is his current status?
9. What are Maynard's proposed plans for Backman? What has been done so far?
10. Who is Teddy Maynard? Why is he an important figure in the story? What is Maynard's relationship with the President?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)