|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an "albergo?"
2. Where does the exchange take place?
(b) Washington, DC.
(d) New York.
3. How old is Backman at this time?
4. What is the man's occupation?
(c) Hotel clerk.
5. What is the name of the CIA liaison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where the exchange will supposedly take place?
2. Ermanno becomes upset when Marco wants him to change which of the following?
3. Where does Backman's mother live?
4. Where did Morgan plan to go immediately after the transfer of power?
5. What is the name of the president's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the President's immediate plans after leaving office? What are the opinions of his wife and others regarding these plans?
2. Discuss the meeting between Backman and Rudolph. Why does Backman trust Rudolph?
3. What happens when Backman arrives at the military hospital?
4. What happens when Teddy Maynard learns about Critz's activities?
5. What is Backman's cover story? What is his new identity?
6. Why is there tension between Backman and Ermanno? What is Backman's demand?
7. At this point in the story what is the general structure of Backman's average day? What things does he do daily?
8. What is the next morning's news regarding Backman's release? What is Carl Pratt's opinion?
9. Why does Maynard want Morgan to pardon Joel Backman? Who is Joel Backman?
10. Discuss the meeting between Sandberg and Pratt. Who are Sandberg and Pratt?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)