|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of the prison warden?
2. Which floor was referred to as the "Teddy Wing?"
3. What is Rudolph's last name?
4. To which president is the man compared?
5. Who is Luigi's employer?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the death of Critz, Backman must leave Treviso. Where is Backman taken for safety purposes?
2. The money is believed to be part of a plan to purchase which of the following?
3. According to Luigi, which drink can be consumed at any time of the day or night without appearing inappropriate?
4. The old school friend served in every government position except which of the following?
5. Where is the prison located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Duke Mongo? Why is his pardon such a huge controversy?
2. Discuss the meeting between Backman and Rudolph. Why does Backman trust Rudolph?
3. Discuss the meeting between Sandberg and Pratt. Who are Sandberg and Pratt?
4. Why is there tension between Backman and Ermanno? What is Backman's demand?
5. Discuss Mrs. Critz's doubts about her husband's death. Does she know how and why her husband died? Does she tell anyone about her suspicions?
6. What is the situation with Critz in London? Who approaches Critz with an offer?
7. Why is the CIA worried that Backman might attempt to contact his family? What precautions are taken in case Backman should try to get in contact with someone?
8. Why does Maynard want Morgan to pardon Joel Backman? Who is Joel Backman?
9. What is Pratt's recollection of the Backman case? Who was involved? What was the main subject of the case?
10. How is the Critz situation handled?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)