|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many electoral votes are at stake?
2. After the death of Critz, Backman must leave Treviso. Where is Backman taken for safety purposes?
3. What is the name of Marco's contact?
4. How many years had Backman spent in prison?
5. Luigi's employer must report to which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "specchio?"
2. Who approaches Joel with the paperwork on his new identity?
3. What is the son's occupation?
4. The woman is at the airport to catch a connecting flight. Her original departure location was _____.
5. On what street does Rudolph live?
Short Essay Questions
1. At this point in the story what is the general structure of Backman's average day? What things does he do daily?
2. How does Luigi propose Backman deal with the language barrier? What will Backman tell the locals about his lack of knowledge about the language?
3. Who is Duke Mongo? Why is his pardon such a huge controversy?
4. Who is Teddy Maynard? Why is he an important figure in the story? What is Maynard's relationship with the President?
5. What happens when Teddy Maynard learns about Critz's activities?
6. Discuss Mrs. Critz's doubts about her husband's death. Does she know how and why her husband died? Does she tell anyone about her suspicions?
7. Why does Backman go shopping? Why does he have to have permission from Luigi?
8. The FBI learns about a bank account in Grand Cayman that is most likely connected to Joel Backman. Discuss the discovery and the FBI's request of Teddy Maynard.
9. Explain Backman's opinion of the first day in Bologna. What does he do?
10. What is Pratt's recollection of the Backman case? Who was involved? What was the main subject of the case?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)