• President Morgan prepares to leave office.
• Morgan considers issuing pardons.
• Morgan lost the election in a landslide.
• Morgan refuses one bribe.
• Reader is introduced to Teddy Maynard.
• Maynard is the head of the CIA.
• Morgan and Maynard dislike each other.
• Maynard is dying.
• Maynard plans to pardon Joel Backman.
• Backman was sent to prison six years earlier.
• Maynard plans to get information from Backman.
• Backman may meet with an untimely demise.
• Backman is released from prison.
• Backman agrees to the conditions of the pardon.
• Backman asks for protection.
• Backman is released and put under the watchful eye of the military.
• Backman is headed to parts unknown.
• Backman's family, friends and associates learn about his release.
• Reader is introduced to Carl Pratt.
• Pratt is Backman's ex-partner and attorney.
• Backman's case is recounted.
• Pratt worries that Backman will try to return to the office.
• Pratt recounts Backman's...
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)