|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Michael adopt a second child?
2. How old was the boy that committed suicide mentioned on the radio program Michael tuned in to when he left the airport in Chapter 10?
3. How old was Madeline when Michael told the kids he was marrying Louise?
4. Where did Michael go to interview a woman named Brenda?
5. What was the title of the book that Louise had published while Adam was in the ninth grade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how did Michael help Adam understand that Adam's life story would be out there for anyone to read?
2. Where did Adam work part time as mentioned in Chapter 11 and what did he do?
3. What did Michael come to realize about Adam when Brenda mentioned the fact that children with FAS have access to Medicaid?
4. How did Michael's impulse decision to take a cross country trip back with the kids once back in the States turn out?
5. What did Michael hear when he tuned into the radio in the car he rented at the Rapid City airport in Chapter 10?
6. What did Adam's transfer to Hartford High school in Vermont mean to him and the family?
7. What happened to Michael after six years of teaching at Dartmouth?
8. What did Jeaneen Gray Eagle believe made FAS even more terrible?
9. How did the kids respond when Michael told them that he and Louise were getting married?
10. How did Jeaneen Gray Eagle feel about jailing pregnant women who drank and what information did she reveal about family support in this matter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adam had to see various medical professionals throughout his life. Identify who were some of the more significant medical professionals that impacted Adam's life discuss how their diagnoses and/or responses to Adam affected Michael's perceptions about them and Adam's capabilities.
Essay Topic 2
Adam wrote the last chapter in the book. Examine what insights are gained about Adam from this chapter; as well as what insights are gained about Adam's perceptions of Michael, his many caregivers, and his family life with Louise and his siblings?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the implications of reservation life for children with FAS versus children not suffering with FAS, as well as the general reservation conditions and environment that may/may not have contributed to the high incidence of children born with FAS among Native Americans.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)