|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which tribe did Brenda belong?
2. Dr. May was what type of professional?
3. Brenda talked to Michael about the FAS task force a governor had appointed in what state?
4. How old was the available third child the social worker called to tell Michael about for adoption?
5. How old was Adam when Michael told the kids he was marrying Louise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jeaneen Gray Eagle believe made FAS even more terrible?
2. How did Jeaneen Gray Eagle feel about jailing pregnant women who drank and what information did she reveal about family support in this matter?
3. What did Michael see and learn during a reservation visit he recounted in Chapter 9 of "The Broken Cord?"
4. What did Michael name his second adopted child and where did the name come from?
5. Who was Madeline?
6. Where did Adam work part time as mentioned in Chapter 11 and what did he do?
7. What did Michael learn when he interviewed Brenda?
8. What happened to Michael after six years of teaching at Dartmouth?
9. Who was Alice Hendrick?
10. What did Michael come to realize about Adam when Brenda mentioned the fact that children with FAS have access to Medicaid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jeaneen Gray Eagle and Dr. Phil May seemed to be on opposing sides in connection with FAS among Native Americans. Discuss who each of these people were; there connection with FAS among Native Americans; and their divergent perspectives about this problem and possible solutions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the implications of reservation life for children with FAS versus children not suffering with FAS, as well as the general reservation conditions and environment that may/may not have contributed to the high incidence of children born with FAS among Native Americans.
Essay Topic 3
Adam had to see various medical professionals throughout his life. Identify who were some of the more significant medical professionals that impacted Adam's life discuss how their diagnoses and/or responses to Adam affected Michael's perceptions about them and Adam's capabilities.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)