|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Michael interview that told Michael children with FAS, living on reservations did not long for a "better life" because they were loved and happy, and only knew reservation life?
(a) Dr. May.
2. Michael named his second child for someone he knew that was what type of worker?
(a) Another anthropologist.
(b) A bus driver.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A tour guide.
3. What was the name of Adam's first grade teacher?
4. While working part time in Chapter 11, Adam's coworkers convinced Adam to do what to his supervisor?
(a) Talk back to him.
(b) Steal his food.
(c) Curse him out.
(d) Ignore him.
5. How old was Adam when Michael told the kids he was marrying Louise?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. May pointed out that he used more stringent guidelines in identifying those with FAS, and that he therefore discounted what level of testing results entirely, which also included Adam?
2. What type of radio program was Michael tuned into when he heard about the boy who committed suicide in his rental vehicle in Chapter 10?
3. Dr. May was what type of professional?
4. As detailed in Chapter 7 of "The Broken Cord," in order to motivate Adam to achieve, Michael used, unsuccessfully, punishment and what?
5. What type of professional was Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Michael hear when he tuned into the radio in the car he rented at the Rapid City airport in Chapter 10?
2. What health crisis made Michael realize Adam needed two parents?
3. What did Michael name his second adopted child and where did the name come from?
4. Where did Adam work part time as mentioned in Chapter 11 and what did he do?
5. Who was Madeline?
6. What did Ken Kramberg inform Louise and Michael they could expect from Adam's participation in his vocational education program?
7. Why did Michael get angry and with whom during his interview with Charlotte Braveheart?
8. What did Jeaneen Gray Eagle convey to Michael about her feelings on child abuse regarding alcohol use among pregnant mothers?
9. How did the kids respond when Michael told them that he and Louise were getting married?
10. How did Jeaneen Gray Eagle feel about jailing pregnant women who drank and what information did she reveal about family support in this matter?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)