|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Michael go to interview a woman named Brenda?
2. Michael interviewed Dr. Phil May who at the time handled the only FAS study funded by funds from where?
(a) The government
(b) The NIIR.
(c) The IASAP.
(d) The Indian Bureau of Affairs.
3. How old was Adam when Michael told the kids he was marrying Louise?
4. What type of radio program was Michael tuned into when he heard about the boy who committed suicide in his rental vehicle in Chapter 10?
5. Through what agency did Michael adopt his third child?
(a) Catholic Services of Alaska.
(b) South Dakota Social Services.
(c) Child Services of New Hampshire.
(d) Minnesota Social Services.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of professional was Charlotte?
2. In interview responses, Jeaneen also pointed out that women on welfare often did not realize that the cost of what was going to be more than their government increase?
3. Who did Michael interview that told Michael children with FAS, living on reservations did not long for a "better life" because they were loved and happy, and only knew reservation life?
4. Jeaneen Gray Eagle said that FAS was made more terrible by the fact that is was so common and that it was what?
5. In Chapter 9 Michael recounted how he met young men on an Indian reservation that resembled Adam in look and actions, and was told by whom that they were victims of FAS?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ken Kramberg inform Louise and Michael they could expect from Adam's participation in his vocational education program?
2. Who was Alice Hendrick?
3. What did Michael see and learn during a reservation visit he recounted in Chapter 9 of "The Broken Cord?"
4. Why did Charlotte Braveheart say people were generally surprised to learn that people died because of alcohol?
5. What did Jeaneen Gray Eagle believe made FAS even more terrible?
6. Who was Madeline?
7. Who was Dr. Phil May?
8. Why did Michael get angry and with whom during his interview with Charlotte Braveheart?
9. What did Michael hear when he tuned into the radio in the car he rented at the Rapid City airport in Chapter 10?
10. What did Michael name his second adopted child and where did the name come from?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)