|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Michael in Chapter 12 who did he think should reasonably have been expected to come up with a solution to the FAS problem among Native Americans but they had not?
(a) Dr. May.
(b) Indian Affairs.
(c) Child Services.
2. Who helped Michael adopt a second child?
3. How many years did Michael teach Native American studies before the college promoted him to an associate professor with tenure?
4. In interview responses, Jeaneen also pointed out that women on welfare often did not realize that the cost of what was going to be more than their government increase?
(b) Another child.
(c) Buying alcohol.
(d) Alcohol rehab.
5. Eventually Michael contacted the social worker about adopting a third child young enough to do what?
(a) Bond easily with him.
(b) Fit in with the boys.
(c) Get along with Adam.
(d) Be potty trained.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Charlotte, children with FAS always wound up adopted or where?
2. According to Charlotte people were genuinely what when they learned someone had died because of alcohol?
3. According to Brenda's responses how many of the kids identified with FAS by the governor appointed task force were non-Indian?
4. In what year did Louise birth their second child?
5. In Dr. May's opposition to Jeaneen Gray Eagle's points about FAS, what Indian tribe did he cite as an example that ostracized women continued to drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Michael and the kids attended the pow-wow and reunion at Dartmouth?
2. What did Michael want when he inquired about adopting a third child?
3. What happened to Michael after six years of teaching at Dartmouth?
4. Who was Alice Hendrick?
5. What did Michael see and learn during a reservation visit he recounted in Chapter 9 of "The Broken Cord?"
6. Why did some of Jeaneen Gray Eagle's colleagues refer to her as "chicken little" in reference to FAS?
7. What health crisis made Michael realize Adam needed two parents?
8. What did Adam's transfer to Hartford High school in Vermont mean to him and the family?
9. Why did Charlotte Braveheart say people were generally surprised to learn that people died because of alcohol?
10. Who was Dr. Phil May?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)