|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Adam's first grade teacher?
2. Who finally taught Adam to read through, even though he still had little comprehension and skipped all punctuation?
(a) Ms. Medicine.
(b) Ms. Hendrick.
(c) Ms. Sazer.
(d) Ms. Alexion.
3. What was the name of Louise and Michael's second birth child?
4. How old was Adam when Michael told the kids he was marrying Louise?
5. As detailed in Chapter 7 of "The Broken Cord," in order to motivate Adam to achieve, Michael used, unsuccessfully, punishment and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Michael's third adopted child?
2. In Dr. May's opposition to Jeaneen Gray Eagle's points about FAS, what Indian tribe did he cite as an example that ostracized women continued to drink?
3. Who had Charlotte worked with that Michael had already interviewed?
4. Michael named his second child for someone he knew that was what type of worker?
5. Eventually Michael contacted the social worker about adopting a third child young enough to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Michael after six years of teaching at Dartmouth?
2. Why and how did Michael help Adam understand that Adam's life story would be out there for anyone to read?
3. How did Jeaneen Gray Eagle feel about jailing pregnant women who drank and what information did she reveal about family support in this matter?
4. What did Jeaneen Gray Eagle believe made FAS even more terrible?
5. What did Michael come to realize about Adam when Brenda mentioned the fact that children with FAS have access to Medicaid?
6. What did Adam's transfer to Hartford High school in Vermont mean to him and the family?
7. Why did Charlotte Braveheart say people were generally surprised to learn that people died because of alcohol?
8. What did Michael see and learn during a reservation visit he recounted in Chapter 9 of "The Broken Cord?"
9. What happened when Michael and the kids attended the pow-wow and reunion at Dartmouth?
10. What health crisis made Michael realize Adam needed two parents?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)