|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Adam was rejected admittance to a program, what was Adam's test score when Michael, as detailed in Chapter 5, later had him tested by a professional psychologist ?
2. When Michael was contacted about adopting Adam, besides being in poor health and small for his age, Adam was also reported to be what?
(a) Partially blind.
(b) Not potty trained.
(d) Partially deaf.
3. Who traveled with Michael and Adam to the Indian reservation after Michael had experiences discrimination while booking a hotel for him and Adam?
4. In Chapter 3, when Michael called a pediatrician who treated Adam after the Littleton hospital visit and told him about Adam seizing, the pediatrician told Michael to do what?
(a) Get Adam's fever down.
(b) Bring Adam in immediately.
(c) Come in with Adam as soon as the weather cleared.
(d) Call Adam's regular pediatrician.
5. What did Adam's Indian name mean?
(b) Eagle that flies.
(c) Wood Mountain.
(d) First son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of "The Broken Cord" Michael described how he took Adam to the hospital in Littleton because of what?
2. In what month did Louise and Michael marry?
3. What did Michael do according to Chapter 2 details, once he knew a social worker was coming for a home visit just before the holidays?
4. When Adam and a girlfriend drank heavily, according to Michael's recounting in Chapter 6 of "The Broken Cord," when did they realize she had a broken bone?
5. When Michael did field work in Alaska, as mentioned in Chapter 1, he was near a community off the coast of what Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Adam's application rejected for the program in Norwich, VA?
2. In the Foreword, what did Louise describe as the most "damaging aspect" of fetal alcohol syndrome and why?
3. What happened when Michael contacted the doctors from the two hospitals for help with Adam when he seized after a snow day, as detailed in Chapter 3 of the book?
4. What happened with Adam's hair on the trip for the naming ceremony?
5. Why did Michael become concerned about Adam's treatment at the Littleton hospital after speaking with Adam's doctor?
6. What did Michael learn about Adam's birth parents and siblings?
7. What did Adam notice about Adam's functionality in relation to other children with FAS as mentioned in Chapters 4 through 6 of "The Broken Cord?"
8. How did Michael's dream the night before the naming ceremony end up being connected with the ceremony?
9. How did the program director and Adam's daycare respond to Michael's objections about the report completed by Dartmouth psychology students?
10. What was Louise's position on alcohol rehabilitation programs?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)