|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later when Adam's dad was killed, how much money did Adam inherit?
2. Who traveled with Michael and Adam to the Indian reservation after Michael had experiences discrimination while booking a hotel for him and Adam?
3. To what U.S. state did Michael move, in order to become a faculty member at a small university as detailed in Chapter 1 of "The Broken Cord?"
(a) New Hampshire.
(c) South Dakota.
4. Michael described in Chapter 2 of "The Broken Cord" how he was awakened after getting Adam moved from Littleton and told what about Adam?
(a) Adam was comatose.
(b) Adam needed blood.
(c) Adam was awake.
(d) Adam had gotten worse.
5. In what year did Louise and Michael marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on details in Chapter 5 of the book, when Michael questioned the program director about why Adam's application was rejected, the director told Michael that Adam was what?
2. What was Louise's occupation when she wrote the Foreword to "The Broken Cord?"
3. How old was Adam's birth mother when she died?
4. In Chapters 4 through 6 who saw Adam's picture and told Michael that Adam reminded them of someone back home?
5. In Chapter 6 of "The Broken Cord" Michael recounted a story about drinking heavily with a girlfriend and neither of them realizing she had broken a bone in what part of her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael find out about Adam's birth parents and why did he not want to know about them when he adopted Adam?
2. How did the program director and Adam's daycare respond to Michael's objections about the report completed by Dartmouth psychology students?
3. By adopting Adam, what did Michael believe about Adam's quality of life compared to not adopting him, as noted in details provided in Chapter 4 through 6 of the book?
4. What happened with Adam's hair on the trip for the naming ceremony?
5. How did Michael describe his anticipation and first meeting with Adam?
6. What did Adam notice about Adam's functionality in relation to other children with FAS as mentioned in Chapters 4 through 6 of "The Broken Cord?"
7. How did Michael feel about a home visit and what did he do in preparation, according to details in Chapter 2 of the book?
8. What did the social worker tell Michael about Adam when Michael was contacted about Adam's adoption availability?
9. After Adam's initial health issues, what did Michael note in Chapter 3 of "The Broken Cord" about Adam's recovery over a period of time?
10. How did Adam's presence in Michael's life bring discrimination to Michael's door?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)