|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Michael had Adam tested by a professional psychologist he later doubted her diagnosis when she commented on Adam's behavior regarding which staff person?
(a) The medical assistant.
(b) The head nurse.
(c) The other pyschologist.
(d) The receptionist.
2. According to Chapter 6 details an article indicated that men of what tribe suffered few repercussions for excessive drinking while all the women were ostracized?
3. Where was the program located that Michael applied to for Adam in Chapter 5 of "The Broken Cord," but the application was rejected?
(a) Enfield, NH.
(b) New Zealand.
(c) Norwich, VA.
(d) Tucson, AZ.
4. Who invited Michael and Adam to a naming ceremony?
5. In the Foreword how long did Louise note that Michael worked on the book "The Broken Cord?"
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Michael given during the naming ceremony?
2. How old was Michael when he began the process to have his own child as a single parent?
3. When Michael did field work in Alaska, as mentioned in Chapter 1, he was near a community off the coast of what Island?
4. Who initially called Michael with the option to adopt Adam, and was more surprised than Michael that a single man had been approved?
5. Why was Michael's return trip from Montreal longer than when he traveled there?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Adam's initial health issues, what did Michael note in Chapter 3 of "The Broken Cord" about Adam's recovery over a period of time?
2. How did the program director and Adam's daycare respond to Michael's objections about the report completed by Dartmouth psychology students?
3. What happened when Michael took Adam for testing by a professional psychologist in Chapter 5 of "The Broken Cord?"
4. How old was Michael and where was he living when he decided he wanted to have a child of his own?
5. What did the social worker tell Michael about Adam when Michael was contacted about Adam's adoption availability?
6. How did Adam end up at the Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital and why?
7. How did Michael find out about Adam's birth parents and why did he not want to know about them when he adopted Adam?
8. Why did Michael become concerned about Adam's treatment at the Littleton hospital after speaking with Adam's doctor?
9. How did Adam's presence in Michael's life bring discrimination to Michael's door?
10. In the Foreword, what did Louise describe as the most "damaging aspect" of fetal alcohol syndrome and why?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)