|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social worker did Michael mention picked him up from the airport when he waited to be taken to pick up Adam for adoption?
2. What did Michael do according to Chapter 2 details, once he knew a social worker was coming for a home visit just before the holidays?
(a) Cooked an entire meal.
(b) Invited friends to ease his nervousness.
(c) Asked his family for advice.
(d) Lectured Adam about how to behave.
3. In Chapter 3, when Michael called a pediatrician who treated Adam after the Littleton hospital visit and told him about Adam seizing, the pediatrician told Michael to do what?
(a) Bring Adam in immediately.
(b) Come in with Adam as soon as the weather cleared.
(c) Get Adam's fever down.
(d) Call Adam's regular pediatrician.
4. According to Chapter 6 details an article indicated that men of what tribe suffered few repercussions for excessive drinking while all the women were ostracized?
5. Once back home from Adam's time in the hospital in Littleton, how much time went by before Michael had to contact the doctor about Adam's health?
(a) A week.
(b) A few days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael conveyed to a friend his concerns about Adam's treatment at the Littleton hospital, his friend suggested Michael take Adam where?
2. After Michael had Adam tested by a professional psychologist he later doubted her diagnosis when she commented on Adam's behavior regarding which staff person?
3. Where did Michael interview for a job in Montreal as noted in Chapter 2 of "The Broken Cord?"
4. What was Michael given during the naming ceremony?
5. What did Adam's Indian name mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Adam's initial health issues, what did Michael note in Chapter 3 of "The Broken Cord" about Adam's recovery over a period of time?
2. What happened when Michael contacted the doctors from the two hospitals for help with Adam when he seized after a snow day, as detailed in Chapter 3 of the book?
3. What happened when Michael took Adam for testing by a professional psychologist in Chapter 5 of "The Broken Cord?"
4. What advice did a nurse at the hospital in Littleton give when she found out Michael was in the process of adopting Adam?
5. What did Michael learn about Adam's birth parents and siblings?
6. By adopting Adam, what did Michael believe about Adam's quality of life compared to not adopting him, as noted in details provided in Chapter 4 through 6 of the book?
7. What did Adam notice about Adam's functionality in relation to other children with FAS as mentioned in Chapters 4 through 6 of "The Broken Cord?"
8. How did Michael describe his anticipation and first meeting with Adam?
9. In Chapter 6 of "The Broken Cord" what happened with Michael and a girlfriend that drank heavily one night?
10. How did Michael find out about Adam's birth parents and why did he not want to know about them when he adopted Adam?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)