|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Louise and Michael marry?
2. In Chapter 2 of "The Broken Cord" Michael described how he took Adam to the hospital in Littleton because of what?
(b) Chills and vomiting.
(c) Trouble breathing.
(d) Not eating.
3. While on the trip for the naming ceremony, Michael described what he saw as signs of poverty where?
(a) In the small town where they got a hotel.
(b) On the way into town.
(d) On the Indian reservation.
4. As mentioned by Michael in Chapter 4 of "The Broken Cord," what was the name of the day care founder with whom he became friends?
5. What did Adam say when he first greeted Michael as his new parent?
(c) "Hi daddy."
(d) "Who are you?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before the naming ceremony Michael dreamed about what?
2. Michael responded to people complaining about poverty in their community, by telling them to take responsibility for their lives and their what?
3. In Chapters 4 through 6 Michael mentioned that he learned that children diagnosed with FAS had a certain recognizable what?
4. How old was Adam's birth mother when she died?
5. What did Adam's birth mother die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adam notice about Adam's functionality in relation to other children with FAS as mentioned in Chapters 4 through 6 of "The Broken Cord?"
2. What did the social worker tell Michael about Adam when Michael was contacted about Adam's adoption availability?
3. After Adam's initial health issues, what did Michael note in Chapter 3 of "The Broken Cord" about Adam's recovery over a period of time?
4. What happened when Michael contacted the doctors from the two hospitals for help with Adam when he seized after a snow day, as detailed in Chapter 3 of the book?
5. By adopting Adam, what did Michael believe about Adam's quality of life compared to not adopting him, as noted in details provided in Chapter 4 through 6 of the book?
6. What was Louise's position on alcohol rehabilitation programs?
7. In Chapter 6 of "The Broken Cord" what happened with Michael and a girlfriend that drank heavily one night?
8. What happened with Adam's health about three weeks after the Littleton hospital visit?
9. What did Michael learn about Adam's birth parents and siblings?
10. Why did Michael become concerned about Adam's treatment at the Littleton hospital after speaking with Adam's doctor?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)