|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While interviewing Charlotte about FAS among Native Americans, with whom did Michael become angry?
(d) Government officials.
2. How old was Madeline when Michael told the kids he was marrying Louise?
3. Over what project was Jeaneen Gray Eagle director?
(a) The ASSIST Project.
(b) FAS Surveillance Project.
(c) Project Recovery.
4. Michael named his second child for someone he knew that was what type of worker?
(a) Another anthropologist.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A bus driver.
(d) A tour guide.
5. In what airport did Michael rent a vehicle to travel to a conference?
(b) Rapid City.
6. Where was the pediatric clinic located that Michael mentioned in Chapter 7 of "The Broken Cord" that killed Michael's optimism on Adam's behalf every time they visited?
7. What was the name of the school Michael's kids attended after he took a job in another country because they had policies that emphasized special education?
(c) Victoria Avenue.
8. Who helped Michael adopt a second child?
9. What position did Louise hold at the Boston Indian Council newspaper when Michael reconnected with her?
10. How many kids with FAS had been identified by the governor appointed task force by the time Michael interviewed Brenda?
11. Dr. May was what type of professional?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) An anthropologist.
(c) A pyschotherapist.
(d) A sociologist.
12. Adam was enrolled in the vocational program at Hartford and traveled to what state to attend this school?
13. When had the boy committed suicide that Michael mentioned in Chapter 10?
(a) The day before.
(b) The weekend before.
(c) The week before.
(d) Two days before.
14. What high school did Adam go to immediately after his time in elementary school?
15. Brenda talked to Michael about the FAS task force a governor had appointed in what state?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) South Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Michael teach Native American studies before the college promoted him to an associate professor with tenure?
2. In Chapter 12 Michael continued his research by interviewing Charlotte whose last name was what?
3. Who had Charlotte worked with that Michael had already interviewed?
4. What was name of the director of the vocational education program at Hartford?
5. Jeaneen Gray Eagle said that FAS was made more terrible by the fact that is was so common and that it was what?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)