|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the boy that committed suicide mentioned on the radio program Michael tuned in to when he left the airport in Chapter 10?
2. How old was Adam when Michael decided to adopt a second child?
3. Through what agency did Michael adopt his third child?
(a) Minnesota Social Services.
(b) Catholic Services of Alaska.
(c) Child Services of New Hampshire.
(d) South Dakota Social Services.
4. Michael interviewed Dr. Phil May who at the time handled the only FAS study funded by funds from where?
(a) The government
(b) The Indian Bureau of Affairs.
(c) The NIIR.
(d) The IASAP.
5. How many years did Michael teach Native American studies before the college promoted him to an associate professor with tenure?
6. At Adam's part time job in Chapter 11, he picked up trash and refilled what?
(a) Soap dispensers.
(b) Napkin holders.
(c) Straw holders.
(d) Salt shakers.
7. Where did Adam work part time once the family relocated to accommodate Michael's FAS research work?
(a) Bowling Alley.
(b) Pizza Hut.
(c) Burger King.
8. In Chapter 9 Michael recounted how he met young men on an Indian reservation that resembled Adam in look and actions, and was told by whom that they were victims of FAS?
(a) The program director.
(b) The head nurse.
(c) The school principal.
(d) The local doctor.
9. What was the name of the new special education teacher that Adam got in the second grade?
(a) Ms. Hendrick.
(b) Ms. Sazer.
(c) Ms. Medicine.
(d) Ms. Alexion.
10. Where was the pediatric clinic located that Michael mentioned in Chapter 7 of "The Broken Cord" that killed Michael's optimism on Adam's behalf every time they visited?
11. Who helped Michael adopt a second child?
12. Educating women about what was considered too abstract to be effective in connection with preventing alcohol abuse among pregnant women?
(a) Family support.
(c) Brain scans.
(d) IQ points.
13. In her interview with Michael, Jeaneen Gray Eagle noted that many women had problems with what type of thinking?
14. According to Brenda's responses how many of the kids identified with FAS by the governor appointed task force were non-Indian?
15. Who did Michael interview that told Michael children with FAS, living on reservations did not long for a "better life" because they were loved and happy, and only knew reservation life?
(c) Dr. May.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Michael and Louise's first birth child?
2. In Chapter 9 of "The Broken Cord" Michael described the constant conflict on a college campus over the school's what?
3. What type of radio program was Michael tuned into when he heard about the boy who committed suicide in his rental vehicle in Chapter 10?
4. What was Louise Erdrich's first name?
5. Who did Louise tell that Michael was the man she was going to marry, shortly after they reconnected?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)