|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Michael adopt a second child?
2. According to Jeaneen's estimates, at least what percentage of pregnant women drank at least on weekends?
(b) A quarter.
3. What high school did Adam that attended was located in Claremont, NH?
4. In Chapter 9 of "The Broken Cord" Michael described the constant conflict on a college campus over the school's what?
5. What was the name of the school Michael's kids attended after he took a job in another country because they had policies that emphasized special education?
(c) Victoria Avenue.
6. Michael named his second child for someone he knew that was what type of worker?
(a) A bus driver.
(b) A tour guide.
(c) Another anthropologist.
(d) A fisherman.
7. What was Louise Erdrich's first name?
8. In Chapter 9 Michael recounted how he met young men on an Indian reservation that resembled Adam in look and actions, and was told by whom that they were victims of FAS?
(a) The local doctor.
(b) The school principal.
(c) The program director.
(d) The head nurse.
9. In Chapters 10 through 12 Michael wondered if there would be a lower number of FAS cases if the women were kept what?
(a) In hospitals.
(c) In jail.
10. How old was Madeline when Michael told the kids he was marrying Louise?
11. How old was the boy that committed suicide mentioned on the radio program Michael tuned in to when he left the airport in Chapter 10?
12. At Adam's part time job in Chapter 11, he picked up trash and refilled what?
(a) Salt shakers.
(b) Soap dispensers.
(c) Straw holders.
(d) Napkin holders.
13. Brenda talked to Michael about the FAS task force a governor had appointed in what state?
(a) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
14. Where was the pow-wow held that Michael and his kids attend as mentioned in Chapter 8 of "The Broken Cord?"
(a) Hartford School.
(b) McGill University.
(c) Cornish School.
(d) Dartmouth College.
15. In her interview with Michael, Jeaneen Gray Eagle noted that many women had problems with what type of thinking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael name his second adopted child?
2. According to Brenda's responses how many of the kids identified with FAS by the governor appointed task force were non-Indian?
3. Dr. May was what type of professional?
4. Where was the pediatric clinic located that Michael mentioned in Chapter 7 of "The Broken Cord" that killed Michael's optimism on Adam's behalf every time they visited?
5. What type of rental vehicle did Michael secure at the airport on his way to a conference ad noted in Chapter 10 of "The Broken Cord?"
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)