|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Charlotte, children with FAS always wound up adopted or where?
(a) In group homes.
(b) In rehabilitation centers.
(c) In jail.
(d) In foster care.
2. Dr. May pointed out that he used more stringent guidelines in identifying those with FAS, and that he therefore discounted what level of testing results entirely, which also included Adam?
3. What high school did Adam go to immediately after his time in elementary school?
4. What position did Louise hold at the Boston Indian Council newspaper when Michael reconnected with her?
5. Where was the pow-wow held that Michael and his kids attend as mentioned in Chapter 8 of "The Broken Cord?"
(a) Cornish School.
(b) Hartford School.
(c) McGill University.
(d) Dartmouth College.
6. Who had Charlotte worked with that Michael had already interviewed?
(a) Dr. May.
7. At Adam's part time job in Chapter 11, he picked up trash and refilled what?
(a) Soap dispensers.
(b) Salt shakers.
(c) Straw holders.
(d) Napkin holders.
8. To which tribe did Brenda belong?
9. What was the name of Louise and Michael's second birth child?
10. Eventually Michael contacted the social worker about adopting a third child young enough to do what?
(a) Bond easily with him.
(b) Get along with Adam.
(c) Be potty trained.
(d) Fit in with the boys.
11. In Chapters 10 through 12 Michael wondered if there would be a lower number of FAS cases if the women were kept what?
(a) In hospitals.
(c) In jail.
12. Educating women about what was considered too abstract to be effective in connection with preventing alcohol abuse among pregnant women?
(a) Family support.
(b) IQ points.
(c) Brain scans.
13. What was the name of Michael's third adopted child?
14. What was name of the director of the vocational education program at Hartford?
15. What was the title of the book that Louise had published while Adam was in the ninth grade?
(c) From the Ashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Michael's second adopted child at adoption?
2. What high school did Adam that attended was located in Claremont, NH?
3. What was Louise Erdrich's first name?
4. Where did Michael accept a job because the country had favorable policies that emphasized special education?
5. What was the name of Adam's elementary school as mentioned in Chapter 7 of "The Broken Cord?"
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)