|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael mentioned in Chapter 3 that he was offered a teaching job where?
(a) Tucson, AZ.
(b) Quebec, Canada.
(c) New Zealand.
(d) Enfield, NH.
2. How long did the social workers insist Michael wait before taking Adam home and agreeing to adopt Adam?
(a) A few days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) At least a week.
(d) A month.
3. What did Michael's Indian name mean?
(a) Fly with the Eagle.
(c) Black Bear.
(d) Eagle Wing.
4. On the way to the naming ceremony, what did Adam get tangled in his hair?
(d) A comb.
5. In Chapter 6 of "The Broken Cord" who did Michael overhear talking about Adam's birth parents?
(a) Social workers.
6. What did Adam say when he first greeted Michael as his new parent?
(c) "Hi daddy."
(d) "Who are you?"
7. On which reservation was the naming ceremony held where Michael and Adam participated in the ceremony?
(a) Pine Ridge.
(b) Standing Rock.
(c) Standing Indian.
(d) Big Cypress.
8. Why was Michael's return trip from Montreal longer than when he traveled there?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Vehcile repairs.
(c) His health.
(d) Adam's health.
9. What did Adam's birth mother die of?
(a) Drug overdose.
(b) Failed kidneys.
(c) Liver disease.
(d) Alcohol poisoning.
10. Where did Michael interview for a job in Montreal as noted in Chapter 2 of "The Broken Cord?"
(a) The University of Montreal.
(b) McGill University.
(c) The University of Quebec at Montreal.
(d) Concordia University.
11. To what U.S. state did Michael move, in order to become a faculty member at a small university as detailed in Chapter 1 of "The Broken Cord?"
(a) New Hampshire.
(d) South Dakota.
12. After Adam was rejected admittance to a program, what was Adam's test score when Michael, as detailed in Chapter 5, later had him tested by a professional psychologist ?
13. When Adam and a girlfriend drank heavily, according to Michael's recounting in Chapter 6 of "The Broken Cord," when did they realize she had a broken bone?
(a) That night.
(b) When she got to a doctor.
(c) After she went home in pain.
(d) The next day.
14. Later when Adam's dad was killed, how much money did Adam inherit?
15. In what year did Louise and Michael marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where was the airport located in which Michael waited for a social worker to take him to his adopted child?
2. When Michael was contacted about adopting Adam, besides being in poor health and small for his age, Adam was also reported to be what?
3. After Michael had Adam tested by a professional psychologist he later doubted her diagnosis when she commented on Adam's behavior regarding which staff person?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 2 when did Michael interview for a job in Montreal?
5. What was Michael given during the naming ceremony?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)