|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invited Michael and Adam to a naming ceremony?
2. How many blood siblings did Michael mention that Adam had?
3. What did Michael do according to Chapter 2 details, once he knew a social worker was coming for a home visit just before the holidays?
(a) Cooked an entire meal.
(b) Lectured Adam about how to behave.
(c) Asked his family for advice.
(d) Invited friends to ease his nervousness.
4. What was the name of the social worker that contacted Michael that Adam was available for adoption?
5. In Michael's dream before the naming ceremony, up against what did the animals hit?
(a) The hotel door.
(b) His windshield.
(c) His chest.
(d) The hotel window.
6. When Michael did field work in Alaska, as mentioned in Chapter 1, he was near a community off the coast of what Island?
7. What Indian name was Michael given during the naming ceremony?
(d) Can Ra.
8. According to Chapter 6 details an article indicated that men of what tribe suffered few repercussions for excessive drinking while all the women were ostracized?
9. As described in Chapter 1, Michael was doing field work in what Indian community in Alaska when he decided he wanted to adopt a child?
10. As mentioned by Michael in Chapter 4 of "The Broken Cord," what was the name of the day care founder with whom he became friends?
11. In Chapters 4 through 6 Michael mentioned that he learned that children diagnosed with FAS had a certain recognizable what?
(b) Hand and eye coordination.
(c) Speech pattern.
(d) Skin tone.
12. After Adam's initial health problems, who suggested Michael stop the adoption process if Adam's health problems turned out to be serious?
(a) The nurse in Littleton.
(b) Adam's pediatrician.
(c) The doctor in Littleton.
(d) The hospital pediatrician.
13. In the Foreword how long did Louise note that Michael worked on the book "The Broken Cord?"
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Three years.
14. Michale noted in Chapters 4 through 6 of "The Broken Cord" that despite advantages, Adam, like others with FAS still could not make change, consider consequences, nor what?
15. On the way to the naming ceremony, what did Adam get tangled in his hair?
(c) A comb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was recommended to Michael to untangle Adam's hair while on the naming ceremony trip?
2. In Chapter 6 when Michael mentioned Adam's birth father, Michael noted that the father was where?
3. What was the name of the woman in charge of the naming ceremony in which Michael and Adam participated?
4. What was the name of the dog given to Michael and Adam when welcomed home together for the first time?
5. What was Louise's occupation when she wrote the Foreword to "The Broken Cord?"
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)