|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4 of "The Broken Cord," Michael noted that what woman was an anthropologist?
2. In Chapters 4 through 6 Michael mentioned that he learned that children diagnosed with FAS had a certain recognizable what?
(a) Hand and eye coordination.
(b) Speech pattern.
(c) Skin tone.
3. When was the study conducted about excessive drinking among Native Americans, as referred to in Chapter 6 of "The Broken Cord"?
4. Who initially called Michael with the option to adopt Adam, and was more surprised than Michael that a single man had been approved?
5. When Michael was contacted about adopting Adam, besides being in poor health and small for his age, Adam was also reported to be what?
(a) Not potty trained.
(b) Partially blind.
(d) Partially deaf.
6. What birthday did Michael mention Adam celebrated in Chapter 2 of the book?
7. The night before the naming ceremony Michael dreamed about what?
(b) Large bears.
(d) Huge birds.
8. What was the only organization that responded to Michael's initial adoption inquiries for his first child?
(a) Catholic Community Services of Alaska.
(b) Children and Family Services of Alaska.
(c) Catholic Social Services of Alaska.
(d) Feeding and Helping Children, USA.
9. Michael described in Chapter 2 of "The Broken Cord" how he was awakened after getting Adam moved from Littleton and told what about Adam?
(a) Adam had gotten worse.
(b) Adam needed blood.
(c) Adam was awake.
(d) Adam was comatose.
10. How old was Adam's birth mother when she died?
11. On which reservation was the naming ceremony held where Michael and Adam participated in the ceremony?
(a) Standing Rock.
(b) Standing Indian.
(c) Big Cypress.
(d) Pine Ridge.
12. What was the name of the dog given to Michael and Adam when welcomed home together for the first time?
13. Who conducted the study upon which the program director mentioned in Chapter 5 indicated he had based his decision on to reject Adam's admittance to a program?
(a) Psychology students.
(b) Medical interns.
(c) Anthropology students.
(d) Medical staff from local hospital.
14. In Chapter 6 of "The Broken Cord" who did Michael overhear talking about Adam's birth parents?
(b) Social workers.
15. Michale noted in Chapters 4 through 6 of "The Broken Cord" that despite advantages, Adam, like others with FAS still could not make change, consider consequences, nor what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Foreword how long did Louise note that Michael worked on the book "The Broken Cord?"
2. What did Michael do according to Chapter 2 details, once he knew a social worker was coming for a home visit just before the holidays?
3. As mentioned by Michael in Chapter 3 of "The Broken Cord," who told Michael he and his staff were doing all they could to figure out why Adam was seizing, after Adam's time in the hospital in Littleton?
4. What Indian name was Michael given during the naming ceremony?
5. Michael mentioned in Chapter 3 that he was offered a teaching job where?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)