|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the school Michael's kids attended after he took a job in another country because they had policies that emphasized special education?
(d) Victoria Avenue.
2. What type of radio program was Michael tuned into when he heard about the boy who committed suicide in his rental vehicle in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapters 4 through 6 Michael mentioned that he learned that children diagnosed with FAS had a certain recognizable what?
(a) Skin tone.
(b) Speech pattern.
(d) Hand and eye coordination.
4. Michael interviewed Dr. Phil May who at the time handled the only FAS study funded by funds from where?
(a) The IASAP.
(b) The NIIR.
(c) The Indian Bureau of Affairs.
(d) The government
5. Dr. May pointed out that he used more stringent guidelines in identifying those with FAS, and that he therefore discounted what level of testing results entirely, which also included Adam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adam say when he first greeted Michael as his new parent?
2. How many years did Michael teach Native American studies before the college promoted him to an associate professor with tenure?
3. In Chapters 4 through 6 who saw Adam's picture and told Michael that Adam reminded them of someone back home?
4. Who did Michael interview that told Michael children with FAS, living on reservations did not long for a "better life" because they were loved and happy, and only knew reservation life?
5. In the Foreword how long did Louise note that Michael worked on the book "The Broken Cord?"
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)