|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cbapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Michael have a relationship with as noted in Chapter 3 of the book, but she could not handle life with Adam and Michael?
2. How did Michael get to Montreal?
(a) He drove.
(b) He flew.
(c) He took boat.
(d) He rode a train.
3. What did Michael do according to Chapter 2 details, once he knew a social worker was coming for a home visit just before the holidays?
(a) Asked his family for advice.
(b) Cooked an entire meal.
(c) Lectured Adam about how to behave.
(d) Invited friends to ease his nervousness.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 2 when did Michael interview for a job in Montreal?
5. What was Louise's occupation when she wrote the Foreword to "The Broken Cord?"
(b) Non-fiction writer.
(c) Fiction writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to details in Chapter 6 of "The Broken Cord" where did Adam's birth mother like to hang out?
2. While on the trip for the naming ceremony, Michael described what he saw as signs of poverty where?
3. What Indian name was Adam given during the naming ceremony?
4. According to Chapter 6 details an article indicated that men of what tribe suffered few repercussions for excessive drinking while all the women were ostracized?
5. After Michael had Adam tested by a professional psychologist he later doubted her diagnosis when she commented on Adam's behavior regarding which staff person?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)