Foreward through Chapter 3
• Louise Erdrich was Adam's adoptive mother.
• Louise wrote the Foreword to the book and is also an author.
• Louise explained how she had difficulties with Adam when Michael was away.
• In the Foreword, Louise explained her thoughts about alcohol rehabilitation programs.
• Louise also explained how she felt about parental responsibility in connection with fetal alcohol syndrome and fetal alcohol effect.
• Louise emphasized the love she has for Adam and considered her journey with him to adulthood one of love.
• In Chapter 1, Michael began with how he came to want to adopt and his initial efforts to adopt a child as a single man.
• Michael had one response to his initial adoption inquiries and that was from the Catholic Social Services of Alaska.
• Michael was doing field work in Alaska when he began his quest to adopt a child.
• He had an interview with Sister Clare...
This section contains 1,485 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)