|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ginny travel with Robert to meet their grandparents?
2. What is the name of the art gallery?
3. Who does Helen remind Ginny of when she cries?
4. What does Ginny want to apologize to Joe about?
5. How does Ginny's father react when he hears where Ginny has been?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ginny's father tell her about his own childhood?
2. Why is it ironic that Ginny tells lies to get into the art gallery?
3. What does Wendy tell Ginny in this section?
4. How does Ginny's mother react when they meet?
5. Why is painting the broken bridge so important to Ginny?
6. What does Joe tell Ginny about her father?
7. What does Ginny's Grandma think about Ginny's mother?
8. What does the Death of Colonel Paul painting symbolize?
9. What does Ginny think Joe's jacket means?
10. What is Ginny's three pronged mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author represent teenage years and its problems? How does the author change his representation to fit the story? What tone does the representation give the story?
Essay Topic 2
What influence have the following people had on Ginny's life?
1. Her father.
2. Her mother.
Essay Topic 3
What does Ginny remember about her childhood? How have these events from Ginny's childhood affected her? How does Ginny recover from the traumas of her early years?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)