|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do when Ginny asks for his jacket?
2. Who does Ginny meet on the beach in Chapter 10?
3. What accent does Mr. Chalmers have?
4. What part of her does Ginny say assumed that Mr. Chalmers was white?
5. Who does Joe live with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ginny think Joe's jacket means?
2. Why is it ironic that Baron Samedi temporarily possesses her mind?
3. How does Ginny want to deal with Joe Chicago?
4. In what way does Ginny's argument with Robert improve her relationship with him?
5. How does Ginny persuade Joe to give her his jacket?
6. How does Ginny's mother react when they meet?
7. What is Ginny's three pronged mission?
8. Why is painting the broken bridge so important to Ginny?
9. What does Wendy tell Ginny in this section?
10. What important information does Ginny find out in a magazine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What influence have the following people had on Ginny's life?
1. Her father.
2. Her mother.
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)