|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What county's paintings are on show at the Les Mysteres exhibit?
2. What does Helen give Ginny to help her see in the dark?
3. Who does Ginny want to find out the truth about?
4. Who does Ginny phone after leaving Joe's house?
5. What is the name of Tony's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ginny's three pronged mission?
2. How does Ginny's mother react when they meet?
3. Why is Ginny so embarrassed when she meets Mr. Chalmers?
4. What does Ginny find out about herself from her meeting with her mother?
5. Why is it ironic that Ginny tells lies to get into the art gallery?
6. Why is painting the broken bridge so important to Ginny?
7. Why can't Ginny feel anger towards her father?
8. What does Helen confide to Ginny?
9. What does Ginny think Joe's jacket means?
10. In what way is Ginny starting to think like an adult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Robert's arrival affect Ginny? Why is she so against him and how do you think this affects Robert so soon after his mother's death?
Essay Topic 2
How does it affect both Robert and Ginny when they hear their Grandparents are racist? In what way does it show the difference between Ginny and Robert? What kind of environment would Ginny's Grandparents been brought up in to have such beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
How has being the black girl in her town affected Ginny and her sense of identity? How has she managed to cope with being the outsider? What positive effects has it had on her character?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)