|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do when Ginny asks for his jacket?
2. What does Ginny turn onto Robert like?
3. What is Ginny drawing at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What was the name of the woman who looked after Ginny?
5. What does Ginny want to apologize to Joe about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe tell Ginny about her father?
2. Why can't Ginny feel anger towards her father?
3. What is Ginny's three pronged mission?
4. What do Robert and Ginny find out from their Grandparents in this section?
5. What does Wendy tell Ginny in this section?
6. In what way is Ginny starting to think like an adult?
7. How does Ginny's mother react when they meet?
8. What major turning point happens at the end of this section?
9. How does the author view the retirement years?
10. What does Ginny find out about Joe Chicago in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Ginny's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to who she is at the end.
1. What did Ginny hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes her ideas about life?
3. How has Ginny's character changed by the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author represent teenage years and its problems? How does the author change his representation to fit the story? What tone does the representation give the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Robert become an important part of Ginny's life? What does he help Ginny find out more about herself?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)