|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did his fellow prisoners think Tony was in prison for?
2. Why is Ginny embarrassed when she meets Mr. Chalmers for the first time?
3. What does Helen give Ginny to help her see in the dark?
4. Where does Ginny wait for Joe?
5. What is the title of Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the returning of Joe's jacket symbolize for Ginny?
2. Why is painting the broken bridge so important to Ginny?
3. Why is it ironic that Ginny tells lies to get into the art gallery?
4. Why is Ginny so embarrassed when she meets Mr. Chalmers?
5. What does Ginny think Joe's jacket means?
6. How does Ginny persuade Joe to give her his jacket?
7. Why can't Ginny feel anger towards her father?
8. What does Ginny find out about Joe Chicago in this section?
9. How does Ginny want to deal with Joe Chicago?
10. What does Ginny's Grandma think about Ginny's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the broken bridge symbolize in the story? What does the broken bridge state about relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is Ginny's relationship with her father/ How does the relationship with her father change? Discuss whether you think her relationship with her father is stronger or weaker by the end of the book.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)