|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of girls did Ginny's grandparents say should not sit on floors?
2. What does Glyn Williams invite Ginny to?
3. Who does Ginny say Robert is leeching off?
4. What part of the world is a cuckoo from?
5. Why is Andy darker than Ginny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ginny think Joe was sent to prison?
2. What is Ginny's opinion of Mr. Calvert's paintings?
3. What did Ginny think a death bed was as a child?
4. What does Andy say he identifies as?
5. What frustrations does Ginny vent when she goes on a walk with Wendy?
6. Why does Ginny think Rhianna is in a better situation than she?
7. What did Helen tell Rhiannon on the phone?
8. What problem does Helen have with her father?
9. What does Ginny remember about her grandparents?
10. What does Ginny know about Glynn Williams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Robert become an important part of Ginny's life? What does he help Ginny find out more about herself?
Essay Topic 2
How has being the black girl in her town affected Ginny and her sense of identity? How has she managed to cope with being the outsider? What positive effects has it had on her character?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Gary hide his past from Ginny? How does his lies change the way Ginny sees him? How does Ginny recover from the fact her father lied to her?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)