|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ginny ask her father to scrub her harder?
2. Who does Any call deranged?
3. What strange habit are cuckoos famous for?
4. What is the name of Rhiannon's sister?
5. What kind of college does Andy say he is attending?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ginny get so upset at the party?
2. Why is the bridge newer than the rest of the road?
3. What is Ginny's opinion of Mr. Calvert's paintings?
4. What did Ginny think a death bed was as a child?
5. What does Ginny's father tell Ginny about her half-brother Robert?
6. What frustrations does Ginny vent when she goes on a walk with Wendy?
7. What is Ginny's job at the Yacht Club?
8. What romantic ideals does Rhiannon hold about Ginny's current situation?
9. Why does Ginny call Robert a white cuckoo?
10. What did Helen tell Rhiannon on the phone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author represent teenage years and its problems? How does the author change his representation to fit the story? What tone does the representation give the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ginny use art to cope with her problems? How does Ginny's idea art develop through the book and what does this symbolize in terms of her own character and what she has learned?
Essay Topic 3
How has being the black girl in her town affected Ginny and her sense of identity? How has she managed to cope with being the outsider? What positive effects has it had on her character?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)