|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Glyn Williams invite Ginny to?
2. What is Ginny's favorite fairground ride?
3. What kind of bed did Ginny think was delivered to people who are dying?
4. What is Ginny's hobby?
5. What is the name of Rhiannon's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ginny think Rhianna is in a better situation than she?
2. How does the author describe Harry and Angie Lime?
3. What is Harry's opinion on Mr. Calvert?
4. What is Ginny's opinion of Mr. Calvert's paintings?
5. Why does Ginny like Rhiannon's parents so much?
6. What does Dafydd say happened on the bridge?
7. What romantic ideals does Rhiannon hold about Ginny's current situation?
8. Why did Ginny think the people at her school were stupid?
9. Why does Ginny call Robert a white cuckoo?
10. What did Helen tell Rhiannon on the phone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does Robert become an important part of Ginny's life? What does he help Ginny find out more about herself?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)