|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of girls did Ginny's grandparents say should not sit on floors?
2. What does Ginny think Joe Chicago stole?
3. What kind of car does Stuart drive?
4. What does Joe do for a living?
5. What did Helen and her father argue about all those years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Andy?
2. What is Harry's opinion on Mr. Calvert?
3. What problem does Helen have with her father?
4. Why is the bridge newer than the rest of the road?
5. Why does Ginny think Rhianna is in a better situation than she?
6. What does Dafydd say happened on the bridge?
7. In what way does the chapter end well for Ginny?
8. What romantic ideals does Rhiannon hold about Ginny's current situation?
9. What does Ginny remember about her grandparents?
10. What is Ginny's opinion of Mr. Calvert's paintings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ginny use art to cope with her problems? How does Ginny's idea art develop through the book and what does this symbolize in terms of her own character and what she has learned?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Gary hide his past from Ginny? How does his lies change the way Ginny sees him? How does Ginny recover from the fact her father lied to her?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)