|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business does Belicia run with her aunt?
2. What does Oscar read in Part I, Chapter One along with painting his D&D miniatures.?
3. How old is Lola when she cuts her hair?
4. How much money does Lola have when she runs away in Part I, Chapter Two?
5. What is the name of the other woman working at the place where Beli gets her first job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lola do after she cuts her hair and her mother tells her to wear a wig?
2. In Part I, Chapter One, what does Oscar dream about his sister's friends?
3. Why does Beli get expelled from school?
4. How does the Gangster court Beli?
5. What was the Gangster's early life like?
6. How does Belicia react when students and staff throw direct barbs at her in Part I, Chapter Three?
7. What is life like for Belicia at her aunt's home, as described in Part I, Chapter Three?
8. What does Beli see after she is left for dead in the cane field?
9. How does La Inca decide to send Beli to New York?
10. After Oscar spends a week looking at himself in the mirror in Part 1, Chapter One, what changes does he make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, Beli and her aunt increasingly have conflicts with one another. Why does the relationship between Beli and her aunt deteriorate so badly?
Essay Topic 2
There were a number of rumors as to why Abelard was arrested. What were some theories for his arrest and which one was probably the truth?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 3, Beli has two loves. In what ways are both of these love affairs one-sided and doomed from the beginning?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)