|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If someone had plotted against Trujillo, to what generation would he incur a fuku?
2. How old was the gangster when his parents turned him out of the house?
3. What years are covered in Part One, Chapter One?
4. Where does Belicia live at the beginning of Part I, Chapter Three?
5. When is Trujillo gunned down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Oscar's sister's girlfriends treat him?
2. Who is the Gangster's wife, and how did they meet?
3. In Part I, Chapter Two, what does Lola say about her mother's parenting skills?
4. Why does it seem like a good idea for Belicia to attend El Redentor, one of the best schools in Bani?
5. Why does Beli get expelled from school?
6. What was the Gangster doing by the time he was between the ages of 12 and 14?
7. What is Lola doing and why doesn't she want to come when her mother calls her into the bathroom at the beginning of Part I, Chapter 2?
8. Why does Oscar consider it odd that Miggs can get a girlfriend?
9. Who is the boy that Lola runs off with in Part I, Chapter Two?
10. Why doesn't La Inca ever beat Belia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Neither Lola or Belicia were satisfied with their lives; why were Lola and Belicia so unhappy and did they have the same reasons for being discontented?
Essay Topic 2
Oscar's family had a lot of bad luck. What explanation did the family give for all of their bad luck and why?
Essay Topic 3
Oscar moved back home after he graduated from college; Why did Oscar move back home and allow himself to slide through life?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)