|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what age could Abelard's daughters read Latin and speak French?
(b) About 8.
(c) Before they were 9.
2. When Abelard was first imprisoned, how many days did he have to go without food?
3. How many abortions has Ybon had?
4. Where is Lola in Part I, Chapter Four?
(a) Santo Domingo.
(b) Rio De Janeiro.
5. In Chiste Apocalyputs, what did Abelard purchase for his wife?
(a) Rocking chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ybon's sister live?
2. What is Oscar's favorite Japanese anime in Part I, Chapter Four?
3. What does Clives smell just before he finds Oscar?
4. Where did Abelard study to become a surgeon?
5. When Socorro was a child, how many times a year did she see her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Oscar at the end of his sophomore year?
2. When Yunior first becomes Oscar's roommate, how does Oscar spend his evenings?
3. What does Ybon tell Oscar about her children?
4. Why doesn't Oscar die in the cane fields in Part II, Chapter Six?
5. Why should 1945 have been a great year for Abelard and his family?
6. What happens to Yunior when he is walking home alone in Part I, Chapter 4?
7. What does Abelard say when El Jefe asks about Abelard's daughters?
8. How do the rest of the people in the country live while the Cabrals dine well and have servants?
9. What are some of the reasons that Yunior offers to room with Oscar in Part I, Chapter 4?
10. How did Jackie die?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)