|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Lola that the narrator got jumped in Part One, Chapter Four?
2. How much time does Ybon spend talking to Oscar the first time he goes in her house?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
3. Where did Abelard study to become a surgeon?
(a) Mexico City.
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
4. How many days did it take before Socorro received permission to see her husband after he was arrested?
5. Where was Yunior from?
6. When did Trujillo launch a genocide of Haitian and Haitian-Dominicans?
7. How many months has Lola been with her Abuela in Part II, Chapter Five, when her mother says she needs to return home?
8. Where does Yunior try to hit on Jenni?
(a) Science class.
9. What type of factory did Abelard inherit from his father?
(a) Food manufacturing.
(c) Auto parts.
10. How many abortions has Ybon had?
11. What are some American fast-food restaurants in Santo Domingo when Oscar and his mother arrive in Part II, Chapter Five?
(a) McDonalds and Wendy's.
(b) Dunkin' Donuts and Burger King.
12. What type of vehicle did the Secret Police drive when they arrested Abelard?
13. Where does Ybon's sister live?
(a) San Cristobal.
(b) Sabana Iglesia.
14. What does La Inca eat while she fasts and prays?
(a) Water and crackers.
(b) Orange and water.
(c) Water and bread.
(d) Water and broth.
15. Where does La Inca say that Oscar met Ybon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar do after he graduates college?
2. Who is Yunior dating in Part I, Chapter Four, when she finds out he is cheating on her by a recorded phone call?
3. How did Socorro die?
4. Where do Ybon's children live?
5. How many servants did Abelard have?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)