|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Oscar when he is 'a loverboy'?
2. When does Belicia go to live with her aunt?
3. When is there a failed invasion, as described in Part I, Chapter Three?
4. When was there genocide committed against the Haitian and Haitian-Dominican community?
5. When did Rubirosa marry Trujillo's daughter?
6. What is the name of the other woman working at the place where Beli gets her first job?
7. How old was Belicia when her aunt took her in?
8. Who ruled the Dominican Republic from 1930 to 1961?
(a) Pedro Guillermo.
(b) Trujillo Molina.
(c) Pedro Santana.
(d) Jose Maria Cabral.
9. In Part I, Chapter Two, what did Lola say that she used to dress as every Halloween?
(a) Pippi Longstocking.
(b) Wicked Witch of the West.
(c) Wonder Woman.
(d) Glenda the Good.
10. Where does Belicia live at the beginning of Part I, Chapter Three?
(b) Palmar de Ocoa.
11. What is Jack Pujols' father's occupation?
(a) Minister of Finance.
(c) Air force colonel.
12. How long does Oscar have two girlfriends at once?
(a) A week.
(b) 15 days.
(c) About three weeks.
(d) 45 days.
13. How long were Lola's parents married when her father ran off?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 9 years.
(d) 11 years.
14. What do Oscar's sister's girlfriends play?
(c) Ping pong.
15. How old is Belicia when she gets a scholarship at one of the best schools in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Porfirio driving when he died in a car crash?
2. What color are Jack's eyes?
3. What type of fur does the car dealer buy Beli?
4. What is Belicia's maiden name?
5. How much does Oscar weigh his sophomore year?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)