Part I, Chapter One
• There is a curse called the fuku that seemed to have something to do with dictator-for-life Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina.
• If anyone even thought something bad about Trujillo something horrible would happen.
• The story in the novel is a fuku story, and the narrator wonders if the novel isn't a counterspell known as zafa.
• The hero of the story, Oscar, has a brief period of time when he is seven that he has a lot of luck with females.
• He even had two girlfriends at one time for awhile until Maritza made Oscar break up with Olga.
• Shortly after that, Maritza dumped Oscar.
• Seemingly bad love karma hit Oscar and his former girlfriends.
• Olga and Oscar gain weight and become ugly; Maritza begins to date older men who slap her around.
• Oscar attends an all-boy Catholic high school and spends his adolescence without a...
This section contains 3,835 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)