|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the marketplace in Chapter 11?
2. What religious community does Bukus belong to?
3. How long does it take Fata to arrange her trousseau?
4. What does Hedo put down on the steps and stone seat of the kapia before the colonel arrives?
5. When spring arrives, what does the author say helps the young people forget about the terrible winter they have survived?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people of Visegrad react when the bridge is almost complete?
2. Why does the mufti of Plevlje's come to Visegrad?
3. Is Pop Nikola admired by the town?
4. What does the narrator say about the townspeople of Visegrad?
5. What happens when Milan Glasicanin gambles on the kapia with a stranger?
6. Describe Abidaga.
7. What are the important cultural events that occur on the bridge in Chapter 1?
8. How does the Serbian revolt affect the town of Visegrad?
9. Describe Osman Effedni Karamanli.
10. Does Alihodja's resistance to Karamanli end in suffering for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Glasičanin an independent thinker? How does he interact with others? What is his view of the war and how does he hope to bring freedom to Serbia?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the blood tribute collection. What is the reason for this action and who does it target? How do parents try to stop the collection from happening? In what way do they fail at their attempts?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Zorka's relationship with StikoviÄ‡. What does she see in him? How is she disillusioned by his response to her? Does she hold out hope for a relationship with him? How can you tell?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)