|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to play a gramophone on the kapia?
(b) Coffee merchant.
2. What does Alihodja turn his house into in Chapter 23?
(a) Muslim religious school.
(b) Meeting room for rebels.
(c) Reading room.
3. Why does the brigand Jakov Cekrlija want to cross the bridge?
(a) To get to Serbia.
(b) To eat a restuarant in the new marketplace.
(c) To see his girlfriend.
(d) To fish in the river on the other side.
4. Who passes Gregor on the bridge that he looks forward to seeing again?
(d) A girl dressed in Turkish shawls.
5. When Glasičanin asks Zorka to marry him, where does he want her to live?
(b) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grows thin and pale and thinks about jumping into the Drina in the summer of 914?
2. What occupation does Zorka have?
3. What is Alihodja sure he can hear coming form the marketplace at the end of Chapter 24?
4. What does Glasičanin tell Zorka after the Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated?
5. What wears Lotte out in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lotte?
2. How does ten days of bombardment affect the bridge?
3. How does the outside world creep into Visegrad at the turn of the 20th century?
4. Describe the relationship between Janko Stikovic and Nikola Glasičanin.
5. How does Alihodja feel when a proclamation is posted on the kapia and read by a young boy?
6. Is Gregor Fedun glad to be a streifkorps?
7. Why is Salko Corkan considered a hero by his companions?
8. What is the summer like in 1914?
9. What new changes do university students bring to the kapia?
10. Describe Zorka's relationship with Glasičanin.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)