|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Gregor Fedun?
2. What makes Alihodja's ear tingle when he is on the bridge in October, 1908?
(a) Someone is talking about him.
(b) He was stung by a bee.
(c) A boy reading a proclamation.
(d) He has an infection.
3. What does Glasičanin tell Zorka after the Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated?
(a) He no longer wants to marry her.
(b) He still wants to go to America.
(c) He is going to Serbia to fight.
(d) He has no hope for the future.
4. What does Albert's sister agree to do when she marries a rich man from Pest?
(a) Wear a head covering.
(b) Agree to remain silent during the wedding.
(c) Become good friends with her sister-in-law.
(d) Convert to Christianity.
5. What new word is heard in Visegrad for the first time in Chapter 17?
(d) Mustard gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel built on the river bank beside the bridge?
2. What does Corkan dance on one icy night in Chapter 15?
3. Who is the first to play a gramophone on the kapia?
4. Where are Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife assassinated?
5. Who passes Gregor on the bridge that he looks forward to seeing again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alihodja go when the gendarmes tell him to evacuate?
2. What is the summer like in 1914?
3. What new changes do university students bring to the kapia?
4. Why is Lotte so tired?
5. What is Lotte's reaction when she reads about her nephew in the newspaper?
6. What is Alihodja's perspective on the new changes in Visegrad?
7. How does Jelenka fool Gregor Fedun?
8. Describe Zorka's relationship with Glasičanin.
9. Why is Salko Corkan considered a hero by his companions?
10. What happens in Visegrad when Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)