|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who grows thin and pale and thinks about jumping into the Drina in the summer of 914?
(a) Mrs. Bauer.
2. What kind of writer is Toma Galus?
(c) Food columnist.
(d) Gossip columnist.
3. What is the reaction of Visegrad Muslims to a census at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) They offer to help gather information.
(b) They are offended.
(c) They are too busy to be bothered with it.
(d) They are happy.
4. What is the relationship between Mihailo Ristic and Peter Gatal?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Grandfather and grandson.
(d) Godfather and godson.
5. What comes to the main streets of town in 1914?
(b) Electrical lighting.
(c) Fire hydrants.
(d) Street signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested in October 1908 for tearing down something on the kapia?
2. What is Lotte furious about regarding Albert's political leanings?
3. What is Zahler's sister-in-law's name?
4. What is Alihodja's reputation in the town in Chapter 16?
5. How old is Gregor Fedun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Janko Stikovic and Nikola Glasičanin.
2. What new changes occur in 1900 to the town of Visegrad?
3. What new changes do university students bring to the kapia?
4. What does Alihodja want most in the moments before he dies?
5. What is Lotte's reaction when she reads about her nephew in the newspaper?
6. What is the summer like in 1914?
7. What role does Mihailo RistiÄ‡ play in keeping merchants safe during the bombardment?
8. How does the outside world creep into Visegrad at the turn of the 20th century?
9. What is the reaction to the gramophone when the coffee merchant plays it on the kapia?
10. What is Gregor's reaction to being interrogated?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)