|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alihodja sure he can hear coming form the marketplace at the end of Chapter 24?
(b) Angry fighting.
(c) Windows breaking.
2. What wears Lotte out in Chapter 20?
(a) Having too many customers.
(b) Working on her accounts after midnight.
(c) Making lots of money.
(d) Traveling to see her nephew.
3. How many days of bombing does Visegrad endure in Chapter 22?
4. Why do Turkish youths chide Maistor-Peitro as he walks across the bridge in Chapter 18?
(a) His hat.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His poor workmanship.
(d) Over the defeat in Tripoli.
5. Where are Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife assassinated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the brigand Jakov Cekrlija want to cross the bridge?
2. What is the relationship between Mihailo Ristic and Peter Gatal?
3. What is the summer of 1914 like for Visegrad?
4. What is the name of the hotel built on the river bank beside the bridge?
5. How does Gregor die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alihodja feel when a proclamation is posted on the kapia and read by a young boy?
2. How does Jelenka fool Gregor Fedun?
3. What happens in Visegrad when Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated?
4. Why is Lotte so tired?
5. Describe the relationship between Janko Stikovic and Nikola Glasičanin.
6. What new changes do university students bring to the kapia?
7. What is the reaction to the gramophone when the coffee merchant plays it on the kapia?
8. Why does Hadji Omer take a second wife?
9. What role does Mihailo RistiÄ‡ play in keeping merchants safe during the bombardment?
10. How does ten days of bombardment affect the bridge?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)