|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the urchins steal from the old women on the kapia?
2. Who is Arif Beg?
(a) New town leader.
(c) Representative of the Vezir.
(d) Town jester.
3. What does Karamanli order his servant to do to Alihodja?
(a) Make him leave town.
(b) Nail him by his right ear to the kapia.
(c) Put him under house arrest.
(d) Cut his hair.
4. What are gendarmes stationed on the bridge for in Chapter 7?
(a) Checking passports.
(b) Counting number of travelers coming into town.
(c) Checking baggage for banned substances.
(d) Prevent travelers from coming into the town.
5. How many refugee families cross the bridge on a warm summer evening?
(c) Two hundred.
(d) One hundred twenty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are the Turks expelled from Hungary?
2. What does Bukus become when he goes to UstamujiÄ‡'s Inn on a Sunday in Chapter 12?
3. What religious community does Bukus belong to?
4. What color veil is Fata wearing the day her marriage is announced?
5. What does the boy from Sokolovici feel when he comes to the ferry crossing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs during the first part of the bridge construction?
2. What are the important cultural events that occur on the bridge in Chapter 1?
3. Describe the Visegrad ferryman.
4. Why does the mufti of Plevlje's come to Visegrad?
5. What does Fata do in order to keep both her word and the word of her father?
6. What is the setting of Visegrad ?
7. Does the schoolmaster, Hussein Effendi, like to talk a lot?
8. Describe Milan Glasicanin of Okoliste.
9. What happens when Milan Glasicanin gambles on the kapia with a stranger?
10. How does the Serbian revolt affect the town of Visegrad?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)