|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Effendi's eyes described?
(a) Brilliant blue eyes.
(b) Big black eyes with a velvety sheen.
(c) Hazel eyes.
(d) Green eyes like a cat's.
2. Who is Arif Beg?
(b) Representative of the Vezir.
(c) New town leader.
(d) Town jester.
3. What severed heads are on display on the kapia in 1878?
4. How long does it take Fata to arrange her trousseau?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
5. What is Alihodja Mutevelic known for?
(a) His outspoken nature and independence.
(b) Agreeable nature.
(d) He is easily swayed by others' opinions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nail-beg HamziÃƒâ€žÃ¢â‚¬Â¡?
2. Where do the townspeople no longer go after the soldiers arrive in Chapter 11?
3. What religious position does Pop Nikola have?
4. When the plagues come to Sarajevo, what rules do Muslims disobey?
5. Where is a marriage announced in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the mufti of Plevlje's come to Visegrad?
2. How does Dauthodja give his life for the Stone Han?
3. What is the setting of Visegrad ?
4. What does Bukus Gaon find on the kapia that changes his life forever?
5. What diseases sweep through Sarajevo during the middle of the nineteenth century and limit travel?
6. How does the town of Visegrad react when the Austrian troops take over?
7. How do the people of Visegrad react when the bridge is almost complete?
8. Describe Arif Beg.
9. Does Fata believe her father will marry her to Nail-beg of Nezuke?
10. What does the narrator say about the townspeople of Visegrad?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)