|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arrested and tortured in Chapter 3?
(b) Montenegrin traveler.
(d) Radisav of Uniste.
2. What does the boy from Sokolovici feel when he comes to the ferry crossing?
(c) Burning sensation in his arm.
(d) Knife-like pang in his chest.
3. What is posted on the kapia beneath the marble plaque?
(a) Proclamations and public orders.
(b) Posters for missing children.
(c) Protest flyers.
4. What is the town like on the day described at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) A festival is taking place.
(b) Chaos in the market.
(c) Silent and empty.
5. How old is Bukus Gaon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What curse does the old women yell at the urchins who stole from her on the bridge?
2. Who is Nail-beg HamziÃƒâ€žÃ¢â‚¬Â¡?
3. Where do many of the refugee families intend to go who cross the bridge in Chapter 7?
4. Whose house has windows that catch the last rays of sunlight?
5. How long is a character in a delirium in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Abidaga.
2. Describe the blockhouse.
3. How do the people of Visegrad react when the bridge is almost complete?
4. Describe the Visegrad ferryman.
5. What does the narrator say about the townspeople of Visegrad?
6. Describe the feast that celebrates the completion of the bridge.
7. What happens when civil servants arrive in Visegrad and start making changes?
8. Does the schoolmaster, Hussein Effendi, like to talk a lot?
9. What are the important cultural events that occur on the bridge in Chapter 1?
10. What do the townspeople gain when the blockhouse is burned to the ground?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)