|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy from Sokolovici feel when he comes to the ferry crossing?
(b) Knife-like pang in his chest.
(d) Burning sensation in his arm.
2. Where do the townspeople no longer go after the soldiers arrive in Chapter 11?
3. How old is Bukus Gaon?
4. Who frightens women in the town of Visegrad in Chapter 11?
(b) Loud workers.
(c) Bad theatrical performers.
5. What do the Turks accuse Miles of?
(a) Stealing livestock.
(b) Singing songs about infidel fighters.
(c) Stealing food.
(d) Hiding enemy soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When spring arrives, what does the author say helps the young people forget about the terrible winter they have survived?
2. What do the newcomers replace the Stone Han with?
3. What is the Drina?
4. How does Avdaga Osmanagic die?
5. What is the town's bridge made from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the the Stone Han is changed.
2. Does Alihodja's resistance to Karamanli end in suffering for him?
3. What diseases sweep through Sarajevo during the middle of the nineteenth century and limit travel?
4. What do the townspeople gain when the blockhouse is burned to the ground?
5. Describe Arif Beg.
6. What happens when Milan Glasicanin gambles on the kapia with a stranger?
7. How does Shemisbeg BankoviÄ‡ resist change when it comes to Visegrad?
8. Describe the feast that celebrates the completion of the bridge.
9. How does the Serbian revolt affect the town of Visegrad?
10. Describe Milan Glasicanin of Okoliste.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)