|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man from Plevlje react after he sees someone tortured?
(a) Laughs and dances in relief.
(c) Screams in fear.
(d) Gets sick to his stomach.
2. What color veil is Fata wearing the day her marriage is announced?
3. What kind of horse does Osmanagic own?
(a) Lame horse.
(c) Arab thoroughbred.
4. Whose house has windows that catch the last rays of sunlight?
5. Where are the Christian children born in this town?
(b) Left bank of the river.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) Right bank of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are gendarmes stationed on the bridge for in Chapter 7?
2. What is the town's bridge made from?
3. Who says at the end of Chapter 10 " A bloody business, this army..."?
4. What does Bukus become when he goes to UstamujiÄ‡'s Inn on a Sunday in Chapter 12?
5. What is Mula Ibrahim's reputation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people of Visegrad react when the bridge is almost complete?
2. Does the bridge withstand the flood?
3. Describe Abidaga.
4. What happens to the town of Visegrad during the great flood?
5. Describe Osman Effedni Karamanli.
6. Describe how the the Stone Han is changed.
7. Describe the blockhouse.
8. Describe the setting of the kapia the night that refugees from Uzice cross the bridge.
9. How does Dauthodja give his life for the Stone Han?
10. Does the schoolmaster, Hussein Effendi, like to talk a lot?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)