|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zahler's sister-in-law help with her fortune?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The destitute.
(c) The schools.
(d) The government officials.
2. How many days of bombing does Visegrad endure in Chapter 22?
3. What is unusual about Gregor's physical appearance?
(a) He has very long hair.
(b) He is short and thin.
(c) He has a wooden leg.
(d) He is gigantic.
4. What is the reaction of Visegrad Muslims to a census at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) They are too busy to be bothered with it.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are offended.
(d) They offer to help gather information.
5. How many times has Mujaga MutapdÃƒâ€¦Ã‚Â¾iÃƒâ€žÃ¢â‚¬Â¡ been a refugee?
6. What does GlasiÄanin say about StikoviÄ‡ when they are debating on the kapia?
(a) He is too vain to love anyone or anything.
(b) He should marry.
(c) Urges him to lend him money.
(d) He is a great writer.
7. What does sergeant-major Drazenovic order Gregor to do at the end of his evening shift on the bridge?
(a) Walk to the market and buy him some fruit.
(b) Sing a song from their home country.
(c) Go to the dormitory as soon as possible and stay until further notice.
(d) Go to dinner as quickly as possible.
8. Who is the seamstress that Corkan pines for?
(c) Paša from Dušče.
9. What is the summer of 1914 like for Visegrad?
(a) The weather is rainy.
(c) There is a terrible famine.
10. What is Alihodja sure he can hear coming form the marketplace at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Angry fighting.
(d) Windows breaking.
11. What does StikoviÄ‡ have published that he is dissatisfied with?
(b) Magazine article.
(c) Children's story.
12. Who is Enver Bey?
(a) Turkish major and hero.
(b) Marketplace worker.
(d) Hotel dishwasher.
13. Why does Zorka say she will give Glasičanin an answer to his marriage proposal in a month?
(a) She is waiting to see StikoviÄ‡.
(b) She will know if she still has a job in a month.
(c) She has to talk with her mother, who is away.
(d) Her father wants her to wait.
14. Where does Alihodja hide in order to be alone?
(a) Under the bridge.
(b) Tiny room behind his shop.
(c) Up in the mountains.
(d) At a friend's home in a nearby village.
15. What is the reputation of the students who gather on the kapia in Chapter 18?
(a) Free thinkers and nationalists.
(d) Appreciated for their outspokeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested in October 1908 for tearing down something on the kapia?
2. What role does Pasa play in Hadji Omer's life?
3. What does Alihodja turn his house into in Chapter 23?
4. Where does Albert immigrate to after he is expelled from Vienna?
5. What are streifkorps?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)