|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does kapia mean?
(a) Tribute to religious leaders.
(b) Admonishment to loiterers.
(c) Noodle soup.
(d) Town's cultural meeting place.
2. What do the Turks accuse Miles of?
(a) Singing songs about infidel fighters.
(b) Stealing food.
(c) Hiding enemy soldiers.
(d) Stealing livestock.
3. How is the schoolmaster, Hussein Effendi, described?
(a) Small, plump, and well-dressed.
(b) Sickly looking.
(c) Tall and thin.
4. Who does Radisav of Unište blame for the sabotage of the bridge?
(b) Montenegrin traveler.
(c) Leader of town's Christian community.
5. What is the Drina?
6. When the soldiers begin to leave Visegard in the fall, who comes to take their place?
(a) Leaders from another village.
(b) Russian soldiers.
(c) French leaders.
(d) Civil servants.
7. Who takes over the town in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Serbian army.
(b) Turkish military.
(c) Russian military.
(d) Austrian troops.
8. What curse does the old women yell at the urchins who stole from her on the bridge?
(a) May your mother punish you!
(b) May God send Hairuddin to cut your hair for you!
(c) The spirits are watching you!
(d) Go to the devil!
9. What color staff does Abidaga carry?
10. Who is chosen to administer Serbia in Chapter 7?
(c) Prince Milos.
11. What do the soldiers erect in the middle of the bridge in Chapter 6?
(a) Statue of their leader.
(b) Radio headquarters.
(d) Barn for livestock.
12. Who dies repairing the roof of the Stone Han?
(a) Ari Beg.
(b) Dauthodja MutaveliÄ‡.
(c) Man from Plevlje.
13. Who revolts in the beginning of Chapter 6?
(c) The Turks.
14. What kind of temperament does the mufti have in Chapter 9?
15. What color are the military vehicles in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say distinguishes the people of the town in Chapter 1?
2. What causes a fire and burns the blockhouse down?
3. Who is Arif Beg?
4. Who is arrested and tortured in Chapter 3?
5. Who says at the end of Chapter 10 " A bloody business, this army..."?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)