|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who frightens women in the town of Visegrad in Chapter 11?
(c) Bad theatrical performers.
(d) Loud workers.
2. What natural disaster occurred in Visegrad in the second half of the 18th century?
3. How long does it take Fata to arrange her trousseau?
(a) One week.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two years.
4. Who is Jamak?
(b) Goat herdsman.
5. What is posted on the kapia beneath the marble plaque?
(a) Proclamations and public orders.
(b) Posters for missing children.
(c) Protest flyers.
6. What severed heads are on display on the kapia in 1878?
7. Who uses a pair of pliers in Chapter 9?
(a) Osman Effendi.
(b) Pop Nikola.
(c) Hospital orderly.
8. What causes a fire and burns the blockhouse down?
(a) Cooking campfire.
(b) Hay catching on fire.
(c) Lightning strike.
9. What does the boy from Sokolovici feel when he comes to the ferry crossing?
(c) Knife-like pang in his chest.
(d) Burning sensation in his arm.
10. What do the soldiers erect in the middle of the bridge in Chapter 6?
(a) Barn for livestock.
(b) Radio headquarters.
(c) Statue of their leader.
11. What do some of the townspeople do with the corpse in Chapter 3?
(a) Give it a Christian burial.
(b) Place it in the river.
(c) Let the dogs have it.
(d) Leave it on the road.
12. Who is Arif Beg?
(b) Town jester.
(c) New town leader.
(d) Representative of the Vezir.
13. Who is Jelisije from Cajnice?
(b) Vagabond religious pilgrim.
14. What are the Christian children collected from Bosnia for in Chapter 2?
(a) Children's party.
(b) Springtime planting.
(c) Harvest Festival.
(d) Blood tribute.
15. What does Abidaga do if he finds any part of the bridge damaged in Chapter 3?
(a) Quietly asks that the repair be made.
(b) Fines the whole town.
(c) Forgives the workers.
(d) Rages at the townspeople, but does not punish them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Suljaga Osmanagic known for in Visegrad?
2. What does Bukus find on the kapia?
3. What nickname do the townspeople give Arif Beg?
4. Who is Salko Hedo?
5. Where is a marriage announced in Chapter 8?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)