|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers erect in the middle of the bridge in Chapter 6?
(a) Radio headquarters.
(b) Statue of their leader.
(d) Barn for livestock.
2. What does the headman do with the heads of those he executes during the Serbian revolt?
(a) Buries them in the churchyard.
(b) Gives them to the dogs.
(c) Puts them on stakes on the bridge.
(d) Throws them in the river.
3. Where do the townspeople no longer go after the soldiers arrive in Chapter 11?
4. What is the town's bridge made from?
5. Who is Arif Beg?
(a) New town leader.
(b) Town jester.
(d) Representative of the Vezir.
6. What is the Drina?
7. What happens to the fountain on the bridge after the blockhouse burns down?
(a) It is completely black from soot.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) An artist paints a mural on it.
(d) Snake head is crushed.
8. Who is arrested and tortured in Chapter 3?
(a) Radisav of Uniste.
(d) Montenegrin traveler.
9. Who does Abidaga blame for the short autumn days?
(a) The Vezir.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The peasant workers.
(d) The stars and moon.
10. What religious community does Bukus belong to?
11. What is Alihodja Mutevelic known for?
(b) Agreeable nature.
(c) His outspoken nature and independence.
(d) He is easily swayed by others' opinions.
12. What is Mula Ibrahim's reputation?
(a) He is fierce and mean.
(b) He is good and generous.
(c) He believes he is better than Pop Nikola.
(d) He is shy and retiring.
13. Who is Jelisije from Cajnice?
(c) Vagabond religious pilgrim.
14. How is the schoolmaster, Hussein Effendi, described?
(b) Tall and thin.
(c) Small, plump, and well-dressed.
(d) Sickly looking.
15. When the plagues come to Sarajevo, what rules do Muslims disobey?
(a) Rules on foods to eat.
(b) Rules on avoiding sugar.
(c) Strict rules on quarantines.
(d) Rules about physical activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Bukus Gaon?
2. What does Bukus become when he goes to UstamujiÄ‡'s Inn on a Sunday in Chapter 12?
3. What does the narrator say distinguishes the people of the town in Chapter 1?
4. Who uses a pair of pliers in Chapter 9?
5. What season does the building of the bridge begin?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)