|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mula Ibrahim's reputation?
(a) He is fierce and mean.
(b) He is good and generous.
(c) He believes he is better than Pop Nikola.
(d) He is shy and retiring.
2. What does Alihodja turn his house into in Chapter 23?
(a) Reading room.
(c) Meeting room for rebels.
(d) Muslim religious school.
3. What religious position does Pop Nikola have?
4. What natural disaster occurred in Visegrad in the second half of the 18th century?
5. What does the army insist upon in the marketplace during artillery fire in Chapter 23?
(a) That all businesses are closed.
(b) That businesses remain open.
(c) That all glass items are thrown out.
(d) That food and water are only given to soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zahler's sister-in-law help with her fortune?
2. Why do Turkish youths chide Maistor-Peitro as he walks across the bridge in Chapter 18?
3. Who is arrested in October 1908 for tearing down something on the kapia?
4. Who takes over the town in the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What wears Lotte out in Chapter 20?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)