|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maistor-Peitro's wife want him to do to the youths who chided him?
(a) Toss them off the bridge.
(b) Hit them in the face with his hammer.
(c) Sue them for libel.
(d) Have them arrested.
2. What kind of reputation does Abidaga have?
(c) Harsh and pitiless.
3. What noise occurs when the stranger who plays cards on the kapia vanishes?
(a) The sound of horses stampeding.
(b) Bells jingle.
(c) Pots clanging.
(d) Cock crows.
4. Who orders the bridge to be built in Chapter 2?
5. In the mid-nineteenth century, how many plagues ravage Sarajevo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of Visegrad Muslims to a census at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. Who is left behind on the riverbank because they are not allowed to cross on the ferry?
3. When the soldiers begin to leave Visegard in the fall, who comes to take their place?
4. What color veil is Fata wearing the day her marriage is announced?
5. What happens on the kapia on the eve of August 18th every year after the newcomers arrive?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)