|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fata known for before she is married?
(a) Cooking skills.
(b) Business acumen.
(c) The best weaver in town.
(d) Her beauty.
2. What does Karamanli order his servant to do to Alihodja?
(a) Nail him by his right ear to the kapia.
(b) Put him under house arrest.
(c) Make him leave town.
(d) Cut his hair.
3. What does mad Ilinka think has happened to her children?
(a) They are staying in another town.
(b) They were walled up in the bridge.
(c) Her employer is raising them.
(d) They were lost by her.
4. What does Abidaga order his man to do with the corpse in Chapter 3?
(a) Throw it into the river.
(b) Throw it to the dogs.
(c) Give it a proper burial.
(d) Burn it.
5. What causes a fire and burns the blockhouse down?
(a) Hay catching on fire.
(b) Cooking campfire.
(c) Lightning strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Avdaga Osmanagic die?
2. What do the urchins steal from the old women on the kapia?
3. How do the townspeople react after someone is tortured and killed in Chapter 3?
4. How is the schoolmaster, Hussein Effendi, described?
5. How old are the Christian children who are collected from Bosnia?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)