|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the town like on the day described at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Silent and empty.
(c) A festival is taking place.
(d) Chaos in the market.
2. What natural disaster occurred in Visegrad in the second half of the 18th century?
3. How do the townspeople react after someone is tortured and killed in Chapter 3?
(a) They storm Abidaga's headquarters.
(c) With excitement.
(d) Indescribable fear.
4. What do the urchins steal from the old women on the kapia?
5. What is the mufti surprised by when he talks with the Turkish leaders of Visegrad?
(a) Their firm support of his plans.
(b) Lukewarm response to fighting the Austrians.
(c) Their bloodthirsty nature.
(d) Their eagerness to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do many of the refugee families intend to go who cross the bridge in Chapter 7?
2. What color horse does the colonel arrive on when he comes to Visegrad?
3. When spring arrives, what does the author say helps the young people forget about the terrible winter they have survived?
4. Who is Salko Hedo?
5. What severed heads are on display on the kapia in 1878?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)