|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curse does the old women yell at the urchins who stole from her on the bridge?
(a) Go to the devil!
(b) The spirits are watching you!
(c) May God send Hairuddin to cut your hair for you!
(d) May your mother punish you!
2. What do the soldiers erect in the middle of the bridge in Chapter 6?
(a) Barn for livestock.
(b) Radio headquarters.
(d) Statue of their leader.
3. What does mad Ilinka think has happened to her children?
(a) They were walled up in the bridge.
(b) Her employer is raising them.
(c) They were lost by her.
(d) They are staying in another town.
4. What does the headman do with the heads of those he executes during the Serbian revolt?
(a) Throws them in the river.
(b) Gives them to the dogs.
(c) Buries them in the churchyard.
(d) Puts them on stakes on the bridge.
5. Who is Arif Beg?
(a) Representative of the Vezir.
(b) Town jester.
(c) New town leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the dark-skinned boy who is collected from the town of Sokolovici?
2. Who revolts in the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What is posted on the kapia beneath the marble plaque?
4. Who does Radisav of Unište blame for the sabotage of the bridge?
5. What do the Turks accuse Miles of?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)