|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arrested and tortured in Chapter 3?
(b) Montenegrin traveler.
(d) Radisav of Uniste.
2. What does Abidaga do if he finds any part of the bridge damaged in Chapter 3?
(a) Forgives the workers.
(b) Fines the whole town.
(c) Quietly asks that the repair be made.
(d) Rages at the townspeople, but does not punish them.
3. What does kapia mean?
(a) Town's cultural meeting place.
(b) Admonishment to loiterers.
(c) Noodle soup.
(d) Tribute to religious leaders.
4. How are Effendi's eyes described?
(a) Green eyes like a cat's.
(b) Big black eyes with a velvety sheen.
(c) Brilliant blue eyes.
(d) Hazel eyes.
5. What color staff does Abidaga carry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the novel?
2. Who does Abidaga blame for the short autumn days?
3. What is the Drina?
4. What does the boy from Sokolovici feel when he comes to the ferry crossing?
5. What nickname do the townspeople give Arif Beg?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)