|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the Vezir Mehmed Pashir?
(a) Turkish revolutionary.
(b) Half-demented dervish.
(c) Serbian revolutionary.
2. What curse does the old women yell at the urchins who stole from her on the bridge?
(a) May God send Hairuddin to cut your hair for you!
(b) May your mother punish you!
(c) The spirits are watching you!
(d) Go to the devil!
3. What kind of horse does Osmanagic own?
(c) Lame horse.
(d) Arab thoroughbred.
4. What kind of writer is Toma Galus?
(b) Gossip columnist.
(d) Food columnist.
5. What do the newcomers replace the Stone Han with?
(a) Wine shop.
(d) Landscaping business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Turkish youths chide Maistor-Peitro as he walks across the bridge in Chapter 18?
2. What is posted on the kapia beneath the marble plaque?
3. Who passes Gregor on the bridge that he looks forward to seeing again?
4. How does Avdaga Osmanagic die?
5. What happens to the fountain on the bridge after the blockhouse burns down?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)