|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Turks accuse Miles of?
(a) Singing songs about infidel fighters.
(b) Hiding enemy soldiers.
(c) Stealing food.
(d) Stealing livestock.
2. What disease are people worried about coming to the town from Sarajevo in Chapter 7?
(a) Chicken pox.
3. What does Bukus become when he goes to UstamujiÄ‡'s Inn on a Sunday in Chapter 12?
(b) More religious.
4. Who is Arif Beg?
(a) Town jester.
(b) New town leader.
(d) Representative of the Vezir.
5. What do the soldiers erect in the middle of the bridge in Chapter 6?
(a) Radio headquarters.
(b) Statue of their leader.
(c) Barn for livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does the building of the bridge begin?
2. What curse does the old women yell at the urchins who stole from her on the bridge?
3. What nickname do the townspeople give Arif Beg?
4. How does the man from Plevlje react after he sees someone tortured?
5. What does Abidaga order his man to do with the corpse in Chapter 3?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)