|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the university students that come to Visegrad wear on their heads?
(b) Military helmets.
(c) Panama hats.
(d) Baseball caps.
2. What religious community does Bukus belong to?
3. Why are the Turks waiting for Miles at the mill?
(a) To ask him directions.
(b) To capture him and bring him to town.
(c) To get firewood.
(d) To give him grain to mill.
4. What noise occurs when the stranger who plays cards on the kapia vanishes?
(a) Pots clanging.
(b) Cock crows.
(c) The sound of horses stampeding.
(d) Bells jingle.
5. Who frightens women in the town of Visegrad in Chapter 11?
(b) Loud workers.
(c) Bad theatrical performers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested in October 1908 for tearing down something on the kapia?
2. What do the Turks accuse Miles of?
3. Who revolts in the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What new building is created opposite Lotte's hotel?
5. Where do the townspeople no longer go after the soldiers arrive in Chapter 11?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)