|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Bach while he and Leslie are driving home from the movie?
2. What miracle would Bach like to see?
3. Who is content with friendship only in Bach and Leslie's relationship?
4. Whom does Richard meet in Chapter 23?
5. What makes Richard see how perfect Leslie really is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What agreement have Bach and Leslie made regarding their relationship?
2. What advice does the future Richard give the present day Richard?
3. As Bach and Leslie attempt to work out their relationship about what is Leslie determined?
4. What is Bach's spiritual guide's reaction to him spending seven weeks in LA with Leslie?
5. Why does Bach not realize how much money he has?
6. How do Bach and Leslie each view their argument?
7. How does the IRS feel about Bach's devastating ordeal?
8. Bach comments to Leslie that their relationship is one of inaction. What does he mean by this?
9. How are Bach and Leslie's tastes in music different?
10. How does Leslie view a connection between personality and beauty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dreams are very important to Bach; especially his self-induced dreams. What is the difference between regular dreams and Bach's self-induced dreams? Which type of dream is more important to Bach and why? Give four details from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There is an old cliché, "Don't judge a book by its cover." In "The Bridge Across Forever" Bach says "Because we believe the surface, we forget that surfaces aren't who we are. When we find an angel dazzling of mind, her face grows lovelier still." How does this quote from Bach, exemplify the relationship between Bach and Leslie? Be sure to support your answer with details from the story.
Essay Topic 3
What makes Bach think that Leslie is his soul mate? What are some things they have in common? What are their differences? Use at least four examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)