|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bach go to appear in TV interviews?
2. How does Leslie end her relationship with Bach?
3. Leslie says the Hollywood crowd thinks she would only be interested in what type of guy?
4. What happens to Leslie after she conquers her fear?
5. To whom is Leslie referring when she says, "Granddaddy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leslie tell Bach that his search for a soul mate may be tainted?
2. How do Bach and Leslie each view their argument?
3. How are Bach and Leslie's tastes in music different?
4. How does Bach realize Leslie is a poet?
5. What do Bach and Leslie argue about after Leslie flies solo for the first time?
6. Bach realizes that he is at a point where he has a big choice to make. What is this choice?
7. What is Bach's reaction to the ultimatum the IRS has issued regarding taxes?
8. As Bach and Leslie attempt to work out their relationship about what is Leslie determined?
9. How does Leslie view a connection between personality and beauty?
10. How did the tax fiasco begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bach talks with the future Richard within "The Bridge Across Forever". What significance does this have in the story and why does the present Richard speak with the future Richard? Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Bach is constantly in a search to find his soul mate. What might happen with Leslie and Bach's relationship if Bach becomes involved with another woman, after Leslie and Bach move in together?
Essay Topic 3
There is an old cliché, "Don't judge a book by its cover." In "The Bridge Across Forever" Bach says "Because we believe the surface, we forget that surfaces aren't who we are. When we find an angel dazzling of mind, her face grows lovelier still." How does this quote from Bach, exemplify the relationship between Bach and Leslie? Be sure to support your answer with details from the story.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)