|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is content with friendship only in Bach and Leslie's relationship?
2. Which of the following people were not involved in the tax fiasco?
3. What fear does Leslie conquer in Chapter 33?
4. Why does Leslie call Bach to come over in Chapter 29?
5. In Chapter 32, who is beginning to have a problem with this agreement Bach and Leslie had made in their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bach and Leslie each view their argument?
2. What is irresponsible of Bach?
3. How does Bach realize Leslie is a poet?
4. How does Leslie view a connection between personality and beauty?
5. What agreement have Bach and Leslie made regarding their relationship?
6. What do Leslie and Bach argue about in Chapter 27?
7. As Bach and Leslie attempt to work out their relationship about what is Leslie determined?
8. When does Leslie begin to have an issue with their agreement?
9. What advice does the future Richard give the present day Richard?
10. What do Bach and Leslie argue about after Leslie flies solo for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dreams are very important to Bach; especially his self-induced dreams. What is the difference between regular dreams and Bach's self-induced dreams? Which type of dream is more important to Bach and why? Give four details from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There is an old cliché, "Don't judge a book by its cover." In "The Bridge Across Forever" Bach says "Because we believe the surface, we forget that surfaces aren't who we are. When we find an angel dazzling of mind, her face grows lovelier still." How does this quote from Bach, exemplify the relationship between Bach and Leslie? Be sure to support your answer with details from the story.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think of Bach's relationship with his spiritual guide? Do you believe that Bach's spiritual guide is a figment of Bach's imagination or is actually real? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)