|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bach and Leslie have an argument about what in Chapter 27?
2. Who is content with friendship only in Bach and Leslie's relationship?
3. Prior to the start of Bach and Leslie's intimate relationship, how does Bach see Leslie?
4. Where does Bach go to appear in TV interviews?
5. To whom is Leslie referring when she says, "Granddaddy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bach's reaction to the ultimatum the IRS has issued regarding taxes?
2. Bach comments to Leslie that their relationship is one of inaction. What does he mean by this?
3. Why does Bach not realize how much money he has?
4. When does Leslie begin to have an issue with their agreement?
5. Leslie writes Bach a letter. What is this letter about?
6. How did the tax fiasco begin?
7. As Bach and Leslie attempt to work out their relationship about what is Leslie determined?
8. What advice does the future Richard give the present day Richard?
9. What agreement have Bach and Leslie made regarding their relationship?
10. How does Bach feel about working out their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, the author is writing a letter to himself about things that would have been useful twenty years ago. What are seven things Bach would have found useful twenty years ago and why would he have found each of these useful? Use details from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What do you think of Bach's relationship with his spiritual guide? Do you believe that Bach's spiritual guide is a figment of Bach's imagination or is actually real? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Bach will ever learn to appreciate music, even though he is continually quizzed by Leslie? Give three details from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)