|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bach lie thinking in Chapter 8?
2. What does Bach wish for in Chapter 10?
3. What are both Bach and Donna strongly adverse to?
4. To whom is the piece of writing the author is working on directed?
5. Bach decides to call people find his soul mate. What cuts Bach's first conversation short?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is comical about the night that Bach meets Donald Shimoda?
2. As Bach is giving people chances to fly in his plane with him, why is he secretly disappointed?
3. Where does Leslie get the nickname "Hoggie" for Bach?
4. What does Shimoda tell Bach about meeting his soul mate?
5. What does Leslie help Bach realize about his high school English teacher?
6. What does Kathy want when she calls Bach in Chapter 15?
7. What makes the owner of the café in Florida look strangely at Bach in Chapter 2?
8. How does Bach know that Katherine is not his soul mate?
9. What does Bach say about mistakes in Chapter 11?
10. What does Leslie tell Bach about her childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Richard Bach change from the beginning of the story to the end of the story? Give six examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Bach seems to have a laid-back personality throughout the story. How does Bach's laid-back personality help him in his personal and professional live? Does this laid-back personality hinder Bach in his personal or professional life? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Leslie comments that "dealing with a straightforward snake is better than dealing with the IRS." What does she mean by this?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)