|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Leslie and Bach's conversations throughout their relationship be described?
2. Where does Bach need directions to in Chapter 5?
3. What does Bach discover that Leslie has an uncanny memory for in their many conversations?
4. What does Bach begin to lose motivation for at the end of Chapter 10?
5. Where does Bach get directions to in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Leslie get the nickname "Hoggie" for Bach?
2. Why does the thought that Leslie is a beautiful woman embarrass Bach?
3. What does Bach's relationship with Donna help him see?
4. Describe the setting of "The Bridge Across Forever".
5. What troubling thing does Stan say about corruption?
6. What does Shimoda tell Bach about meeting his soul mate?
7. What does Leslie help Bach realize about his high school English teacher?
8. How does Bach know that Katherine is not his soul mate?
9. Why does Bach sell his biplane?
10. What is comical about the night that Bach meets Donald Shimoda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes Bach think that Leslie is his soul mate? What are some things they have in common? What are their differences? Use at least four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 15, Leslie discusses her childhood with Bach. She tells him how she went from foster home to foster home after her parents divorced and her mother became ill. Write about how Leslie's childhood affected her personality and relationships as an adult. Give details from the story to support your answer. *
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11, Bach states, "There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go." How does this statement that Bach makes apply to his own life? How does it apply to Leslie's life? Give five examples to support your answer.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)