|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are both Bach and Donna strongly adverse to?
2. Bach's relationship with whom is discussed in Chapter 10?
3. Whom is Bach going to visit as Chapter 14 begins?
4. Who is the main character in "The Bridge Across Forever"?
5. What does Bach read to Leslie in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would the conversations between Bach and Leslie be described?
2. Why does Bach feel he needs to hire a full-time financial manager?
3. Why does Bach decide he must end his relationship with Kathy?
4. What does Kathy want when she calls Bach in Chapter 15?
5. When Richard talks with Eleanor in Chapter 3, she is shocked. What shocks Eleanor?
6. What is comical about the night that Bach meets Donald Shimoda?
7. Describe the setting of "The Bridge Across Forever".
8. What makes the owner of the café in Florida look strangely at Bach in Chapter 2?
9. As Bach is giving people chances to fly in his plane with him, why is he secretly disappointed?
10. What does Leslie help Bach realize about his high school English teacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes Bach think that Leslie is his soul mate? What are some things they have in common? What are their differences? Use at least four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Stan says, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". What does Stan mean by this saying in his conversation with Bach?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the connection for Bach between his spiritual quests and his love of flying. Cite five examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)