|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stan tell Bach has "taken him for $50,000"?
2. Where is Richard Bach sitting as the book begins?
3. Where does Bach get directions to in Chapter 5?
4. Who is Eleanor?
5. What language does Bach teach Leslie to speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leslie tell Bach about her childhood?
2. What troubling thing does Stan say about corruption?
3. What is comical about the night that Bach meets Donald Shimoda?
4. What does Bach's relationship with Donna help him see?
5. What does Bach say about mistakes in Chapter 11?
6. What makes the owner of the café in Florida look strangely at Bach in Chapter 2?
7. What is Bach writing a letter to himself about in Chapter 2?
8. How does Bach know that Katherine is not his soul mate?
9. Describe the setting of "The Bridge Across Forever".
10. Why does the thought that Leslie is a beautiful woman embarrass Bach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bach is constantly in a search to find his soul mate. What might happen with Leslie and Bach's relationship if Bach becomes involved with another woman, after Leslie and Bach move in together?
Essay Topic 2
How does Richard Bach change from the beginning of the story to the end of the story? Give six examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Leslie comments that "dealing with a straightforward snake is better than dealing with the IRS." What does she mean by this?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)