|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stan tell Bach has "taken him for $50,000"?
(b) The bank,
(c) A so-called friend.
2. Who is John Gartner?
(a) Leslie's father.
(b) Bach's friend.
(c) Leslie's boyfriend.
(d) Bach's high school English teacher.
3. What does Bach ask his potential soul mate in Chapter 2?
(a) To go flying with him.
(b) Where she had been the night before.
(c) To name one thing she loved passionately.
(d) To marry him.
4. What surprises Bach about Stan's reaction to losing $800,000?
(a) He is defensive.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He does not seem terribly upset.
(d) He is happy.
5. To whom is the piece of writing the author is working on directed?
(a) His wife.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leslie gives Bach a second present. What is this present?
2. How do Bach and Donna decide when it is time to move on from their relationship?
3. Bach's relationship with whom is discussed in Chapter 10?
4. Who is the main character in "The Bridge Across Forever"?
5. Which woman has been the closest to being Bach's soul mate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bach realize as he waits for Leslie to park the car at the airport?
2. What troubling thing does Stan say about corruption?
3. What does Kathy want when she calls Bach in Chapter 15?
4. How does Bach know that Katherine is not his soul mate?
5. What is comical about the night that Bach meets Donald Shimoda?
6. Why does the thought that Leslie is a beautiful woman embarrass Bach?
7. What does Leslie help Bach realize about his high school English teacher?
8. What does Shimoda tell Bach about meeting his soul mate?
9. What makes the owner of the café in Florida look strangely at Bach in Chapter 2?
10. Why does Bach sell his biplane?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)