|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gartner play a significant role in Bach's life?
(a) He is credited with teaching him to write.
(b) He is Bach's worst enemy.
(c) He becomes Bach's father-in-law.
(d) He is not significant.
2. Bach says flying remains fun until what?
(a) You crash.
(b) It becomes a job.
(c) You do it everyday.
(d) One focuses too much on the future.
3. Whom is Richard Bach waiting for as "The Bridge Across Forever" starts?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His sister.
(d) An unnamed female.
4. Where does Bach need directions to in Chapter 5?
(a) The airport.
(b) His agent's office.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) The library.
5. Whom is Bach going to visit as Chapter 14 begins?
6. What is the one reason Kathy was not Bach's soul mate?
(a) She smoked.
(b) She was unemployed.
(c) She had kids.
(d) She drank.
7. Where does Bach go to think about and recover from the shock of his phone call to the bank?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To church.
(c) For a drive.
(d) Out in the sunshine.
8. What does Bach learn and see in his relationship with Donna?
(a) They are not right for each other.
(b) They are soul mates.
(c) There is no one perfect mate.
(d) He misses flying.
9. Who is Stan?
(a) Bach's fellow writer.
(b) Bach's banker.
(c) Bach's brother.
(d) Bach's editor turned investment counselor.
10. How would Bach's detailing of the women he was formerly involved with be described?
(d) Simply matter of fact.
11. Where is Richard Bach sitting as the book begins?
(a) A park bench.
(c) The cockpit of his biplane.
(d) A restaurant.
12. Where does Bach learn Leslie lived while she grew up?
(a) Her Mom's house.
(b) In foster homes.
(c) Her Dad's house.
(d) Her grandparents' house.
13. What does Bach give in a discussion with another person in Chapter 10, as a reason that one should be with someone?
(a) Out of want and desire.
14. What does Bach realize about Leslie while they are playing chess?
(a) She looks like his sister.
(b) She is smart but ordinary.
(c) She is a beautiful woman.
(d) She is his best friend.
15. How is Bach feeling about having a best seller and being a millionaire?
(a) Frightened and confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bach spends years focusing on the spiritual side of life, who or what brings Bach back to reality?
2. Bach's relationship with whom is discussed in Chapter 10?
3. Whom does Bach decide to call when looking for his soul mate in Chapter 3?
4. What season is it in the beginning of the book?
5. What does the author write about in detail in Chapter 12?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)