|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bach need directions to in Chapter 5?
(a) The airport.
(b) The library.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) His agent's office.
2. Whom is Richard Bach waiting for as "The Bridge Across Forever" starts?
(a) His sister.
(b) An unnamed female.
(c) His mother.
(d) His best friend.
3. What nickname does Bach give Leslie?
4. What position does Bach offer Stan?
(a) As his agent.
(b) As his manager.
(c) As his personal assistant.
(d) As a full time financial manager.
5. Bach becomes frightened when he hears a noise. What does this noise turn out to be?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A timber wolf.
(d) A dog.
6. Who is Stan?
(a) Bach's banker.
(b) Bach's brother.
(c) Bach's editor turned investment counselor.
(d) Bach's fellow writer.
7. In Chapter 11, Bach says, "There are no ________. The events we bring upon ourselves..."
(a) Best sellers.
(c) Soul mates.
8. To whom is the piece of writing the author is working on directed?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His wife.
9. Bach says flying remains fun until what?
(a) One focuses too much on the future.
(b) You crash.
(c) You do it everyday.
(d) It becomes a job.
10. Where does Bach go to think about and recover from the shock of his phone call to the bank?
(a) For a drive.
(b) To church.
(c) To the beach.
(d) Out in the sunshine.
11. How would Bach's detailing of the women he was formerly involved with be described?
(c) Simply matter of fact.
12. Over what is the lawsuit Bach files?
(a) Copyright infringement.
(b) For making changes to a film without approval.
(c) Breaking a contract.
13. Where does Bach learn Leslie lived while she grew up?
(a) Her grandparents' house.
(b) Her Dad's house.
(c) Her Mom's house.
(d) In foster homes.
14. What has Bach been worried about throughout Chapter 11?
(b) His family.
15. What does Bach convince himself of at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) It is time to quit flying.
(b) He needs to quit writing.
(c) Donna is perfect for him.
(d) A perfect match does not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Gartner?
2. What surprises Bach about Stan's reaction to losing $800,000?
3. In Chapter 15, Bach recalls the last time he cried. When was the last time Bach cried?
4. What are both Bach and Donna strongly adverse to?
5. What does Stan inform Bach of in Chapter 13?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)