|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gartner play a significant role in Bach's life?
(a) He is credited with teaching him to write.
(b) He is Bach's worst enemy.
(c) He is not significant.
(d) He becomes Bach's father-in-law.
2. Where does Bach lie thinking in Chapter 8?
(a) On the couch.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) In bed.
(d) On the kitchen table.
3. What is Leslie's occupation?
(a) She is an agent.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She is a lawyer.
(d) She is a teacher.
4. Who is Stan?
(a) Bach's editor turned investment counselor.
(b) Bach's banker.
(c) Bach's fellow writer.
(d) Bach's brother.
5. What surprises Bach about Stan's reaction to losing $800,000?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is defensive.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He does not seem terribly upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stan tell Bach has "taken him for $50,000"?
2. Whom is Bach secretly disappointed not to see at the air show?
3. What was the first thing Bach looks for when he arrives in Florida?
4. What does Bach realize in Chapter 17?
5. What does Eleanor tell Richard when Richard calls her in Chapter 3?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)