* Richard Bach, the author, is sitting in the cockpit of his biplane waiting for an unknown female.
* It is autumn and Bach is in his biplane in a rented field in Russell, Iowa ready to perform a show to about sixty people hoping that the unknown female is in the crowd.
* The crowd is offered an opportunity to go up into the biplane with Bach, but he is secretly disappointed in the end when he does not see his soul mate.
* Bach recalls meeting Donald Shimoda, the retired Messiah, two years earlier and wonders what he would tell him about not having met his soul mate.
* Through Shimoda, Bach learns how to listen to himself and be open to all the possibilities of the universe.
* Shimoda tells Bach that his soul mate is out there, even though Bach focuses on being alone.
* Bach gives up many...
This section contains 2,588 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)