|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Burger spend in the hospital after he was hit by a car?
2. In September of 1975, Douglas appears in what city, to hear an emergency request?
3. If there were to be an impeachment trial of President Nixon, who would preside?
(a) The president of the Senate.
(b) The senior justice.
(c) The leader of the House of Representatives.
(d) The chief justice.
4. Who does the president appoint to replace Douglas?
(a) John Paul Stevens.
(b) Ruth Ginsberg.
(c) Steven O'Dell.
(d) Sandra Day O'Conner.
5. Which justice withdraws from the Keyes case because of a possible conflict of interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disqualifies himself from the Watergate tapes case?
2. Which justice writes the opinion in Jenkins v. Georgia?
3. The lunch that White, Stewart, and some clerks attend in the 1973 term, where they discuss the problems they are having with Burger, becomes known as what?
4. Frontiero v. Richardson involves what issue?
5. Who do Powell's clerks recommend he select as a new clerk in 1974?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Burger circulates his decision on the Milliken case in April, what does Powell find?
2. What does Brennan not like about Burger's tactics during the 1975 term?
3. What state would not allow aliens to join the bar?
4. In the 1973 term, how does the court deal with obscenity?
5. After the other justices comment on his draft decision in the Milliken case, what does Burger do?
6. Why does Stewart not agree with the concept of letting local jurisdictions decide what pornography was?
7. How does Burger get from the Netherlands to the White House for Ford's swearing-in?
8. Who is John Doar and what is his job?
9. What do the other Justices decide to do when news of Douglas' stroke comes to them?
10. What does the Fourteenth Amendment say?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)