|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If there were to be an impeachment trial of President Nixon, who would preside?
(a) The senior justice.
(b) The chief justice.
(c) The leader of the House of Representatives.
(d) The president of the Senate.
2. Where does Blackmun spend the summer of 1972?
3. In the 1972 term, who writes the majority opinion on abortion?
4. What is the job of Powell's in-laws?
5. Which justice writes the opinion in Jenkins v. Georgia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Burger spend in the hospital after he was hit by a car?
2. Who do Powell's clerks recommend he select as a new clerk in 1974?
3. Much to the amazement of his former clerks, who does Berger stand up for in May, 1973?
4. Who presents the case for the president in the Watergate argument before the Court?
5. Frontiero v. Richardson involves what issue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brennan not like about Burger's tactics during the 1975 term?
2. What does Brennan talk about at the opening cocktail party for the clerks before the 1974 term?
3. What do the other Justices decide to do when news of Douglas' stroke comes to them?
4. In the Frontiero case, what does the lower court decide?
5. What does the Fourteenth Amendment say?
6. Why is Douglas' situation uneasy for all of the other justices?
7. After the other justices comment on his draft decision in the Milliken case, what does Burger do?
8. Who is John Doar and what is his job?
9. What is expedited review?
10. What does the Saxbe decision allow?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)