|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Douglas and his wife spend the summer before the 1975 term where?
(a) Gander Farm.
(b) Duck Hill.
(c) Mallard Pond.
(d) Goose Prairie.
2. Which justice wants to write his own opinion in the Keyes case?
3. After the firing of Archibald Cox, who does President Nixon turn the tapes over to?
(a) Judge Sirica.
(b) Judge Rantlet.
(c) Judge Marshman.
(d) Judge Viviani.
4. Where does Burger hold his annual reunion with his former clerks?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Congressional conference rooms.
(c) The Congressional ballroom.
(d) The East and West conference rooms.
5. Buckley v. Valeo deals with what issue?
(a) Campaign finance.
(b) National security.
(d) Government oversight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frontiero v. Richardson involves what issue?
2. Which amendment says that no one should be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process?
3. In what month do the doctors tell Douglas that his condition was permanent?
4. What is the name of Douglas' wife?
5. Which justice writes the opinion in Hamling v. US?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Frontiero case, what does the lower court decide?
2. Why does Stewart not agree with the concept of letting local jurisdictions decide what pornography was?
3. What is Blackmun's formula on abortion that wins the support of the chief justice?
4. What does Chief Justice Burger do at his annual reunions with his law clerks?
5. Why is White critical of Stevens?
6. Why is Douglas' situation uneasy for all of the other justices?
7. In the 1973 term, how does the court deal with obscenity?
8. What does Brennan see the decision in Warth v. Seldin as doing?
9. How does Powell do his research on abortion?
10. What does the Saxbe decision allow?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)