|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black incorporates a list of permissible actions a judge can take to deal with unruly behavior in what decision?
(a) The Rutherford case.
(b) The Turmond case.
(c) The Marshall case.
(d) The Allen case.
2. Who first publishs the Pentagon Papers?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) Associated Press.
(c) Chicago Sun Times.
(d) New York Times.
3. When Blackmun finally makes it through all the cert petitions that are waiting his arrival on the Court, how many does he agree to grant cert for?
(a) Seven or eight.
(b) About half.
(d) Three or four.
4. Blackmun had been general counsel at what location when he was in private practice?
(b) John Hopkins.
(d) Mayo Clinic.
5. How long does each side normally get during oral arguments?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) As long as they want.
Short Answer Questions
1. Douglas assigns the Lloyd opinion to which Justice?
2. Who is appointed to Black's seat on the Court?
3. What is the name of the man who requests a secret session with the court regarding the Pentagon Papers?
4. How long can the decision process take for the justices?
5. In Clay v. US, what is the faith of the petitioner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of Warren's last acts as chief justice?
2. How many justices sit on the Supreme Court, and how do they arrange duties?
3. What do law clerks generally talk about over lunch and why?
4. Burger feels that he can distinguish his court from Warren's court by doing what?
5. Why is Burger looking for a landmark case?
6. How does Gerald R. Ford try to impeach Douglas?
7. What are some of the things that occur under the Warren Court?
8. What is the issue in Griggs v. Duke Power Co.?
9. When thinking about what opinion he should have on the Charlotte case, what does Justice Douglas have concerns with?
10. What is the solicitor general's argument in the Charlotte busing case?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)