|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1973 Term.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first publishs the Pentagon Papers?
(a) Chicago Sun Times.
(b) Associated Press.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) New York Times.
2. What is the name of the attorney who represents the petitioner before the court in the Texas abortion case?
(a) Sarah Weddington.
(b) Mary Madison.
(c) Ruth Gillers.
(d) Sandra O'Conner.
3. The decision on the death penalty cases in the 1971 term is announced on what day?
(a) June 27.
(b) June 29.
(c) June 30.
(d) June 28.
4. What court decides the Mapp v. Ohio case?
(a) The Harlan Court.
(b) The Maddison Court.
(c) The Burger Court.
(d) The Warren Court.
5. In what year does Chief Justice Earl Warren retire from the Court?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does each side normally get during oral arguments?
2. How long can the decision process take for the justices?
3. On what day does Black die?
4. Who is the representative for the government in the school case before the court?
5. Much to the amazement of his former clerks, who does Berger stand up for in May, 1973?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)