|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1969 Term.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Blackmun is appointed to the Court, he receives how many bags of cert petitions?
2. Petitions from people who can't afford an attorney or the filing fees are called what?
(a) Informal petitions.
(b) Informational pauper petitions.
(c) Informa pauperis petitions.
(d) Informational petitions.
3. How many justices write the majority opinion?
4. How long can the decision process take for the justices?
(a) The whole term.
(b) Several months.
(c) One month.
(d) A year.
5. Burger believes that Warren was more interested in results than what?
(a) Legal reasoning.
(b) Constitutional enforcement.
(c) Constitutional law.
(d) Legal enforcement.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Brennan order on desegregation, issued to guide the lower courts, was issued __________, meaning it had no designated author.
2. Who appoints justices to the Supreme Court?
3. How many clerks does Chief Justice Earl Warren have?
4. As chief justice, Burger was in charge of what building?
5. When Blackmun finally makes it through all the cert petitions that are waiting his arrival on the Court, how many does he agree to grant cert for?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)