|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1969 Term.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long can the decision process take for the justices?
(a) One month.
(b) Several months.
(c) A year.
(d) The whole term.
2. Petitions from people who can't afford an attorney or the filing fees are called what?
(a) Informa pauperis petitions.
(b) Informational petitions.
(c) Informal petitions.
(d) Informational pauper petitions.
3. How many pages is Hugo Black's opinion that does not overturn the lower court's decision on racial segregation?
(a) Five pages.
(b) Ten pages.
(c) Nine pages.
(d) Seven pages.
4. On what day is Warren's successor offered the position?
(a) May 21.
(b) May 23.
(c) May 19.
(d) May 17.
5. One of Warren's last acts is to overturn a decision in what case?
(a) Adam Clayton Wells.
(b) Adam Clayton Smith.
(c) Adam Clayton Drummond.
(d) Adam Clayton Powell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Chief Justice Earl Warren believe would be his replacement?
2. The Utah Public Service Commission v. El Paso Natural Gas Co. is a case that has been bouncing around the courts for how many years?
3. Berger hires how many more clerks?
4. Burger does not want to be compared to which former Justice?
5. The United States Supreme Court belongs to which branch of government?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)