|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1969 Term.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appoints justices to the Supreme Court?
(a) The president.
(c) The attorney general.
(d) The senate.
2. In what year does Chief Justice Earl Warren retire from the Court?
3. The chief justice gets to assign opinion-writing duties under what conditions?
(a) When the chief justice is in the majority.
(b) When the chief justice is the senior justice.
(c) When the chief justice wants to assign them.
(d) When the oldest justice is in the minority.
4. Burger believes that Warren was more interested in results than what?
(a) Constitutional enforcement.
(b) Legal enforcement.
(c) Constitutional law.
(d) Legal reasoning.
5. Warren delegates the writing of his opinion to whom?
(a) His subordinate judges.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His interns.
(d) His clerks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black incorporates a list of permissible actions a judge can take to deal with unruly behavior in what decision?
2. The Brennan order on desegregation, issued to guide the lower courts, was issued __________, meaning it had no designated author.
3. The famous case on school segregation is called __________ vs. Board of Education.
4. Who is the attorney for Inc. Fund when they bring the school case before the Court?
5. The Utah Public Service Commission v. El Paso Natural Gas Co. is a case that has been bouncing around the courts for how many years?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)